JD Gym Washington

Yeah the ropes are ripped to shreds and even the pully attachments have plastic ripped from the handles so your pulling with rough metal ends for wide grip rows and what not.

I went to JD Sunderland when the roof caved in at Washington and the attachment 'selection' is much better. They also have better fixed machines like lateral raise & a fixed preacher curl.

Can't understand why JD Washington is so rundown, it's not like they lack members.
Quite the opposite. Impossible to get a good workout between 4-7, just have to nip onto any machine you can find.

Yeah the ropes are ripped to shreds and even the pully attachments have plastic ripped from the handles so your pulling with rough metal ends for wide grip rows and what not.

I went to JD Sunderland when the roof caved in at Washington and the attachment 'selection' is much better. They also have better fixed machines like lateral raise & a fixed preacher curl.

Can't understand why JD Washington is so rundown, it's not like they lack members.
whats it like on a lunchtime ? or mornings before work ? @Stormo

Lunchtime is good for numbers. Not busy at all really. Best time to go. Busy between 6am and half 7 but manageable. It seems to be busy around Nissan etc shift changes.

Bring a friend for free day on Wednesday if anyone wants to show their mates the broken machines, the manky floor, the missing televisions and how ridiculously busy it gets on an evening.

I gave my membership up and they are constantly texting and e mailing me to go back.

Stuff is constantly knackered and as you say gets stupidly rammed.

I am even considering joining the galleries leisure centre

Last edited:
I gave my membership up and they are constantly texting and e mailing me to go back.

Stuff is constantly knackered and as you say gets stupidly rammed.

I am even considering joining the galleries leisure centre
Think that’s similar to how busy it is mind. Cars are always on the grass verges and that if I go past to sainsburys.

I filled in a survey a while back (6-8 months) after getting an email, normally don’t bother but I was getting sick of machines being out of order, so filled it in. Basically said the place is starting to look tatty, numerous machines out of order and that the sanitizer has the machines covered in rust. The manager rang me up a couple of weeks later and apologised. He said that the machines were going to be replaced slowly. I work away and it’s handy so won’t be leaving but the only thing I can see that’s been sorted is that they’ve re-covered the benches.

I filled in a survey a while back (6-8 months) after getting an email, normally don’t bother but I was getting sick of machines being out of order, so filled it in. Basically said the place is starting to look tatty, numerous machines out of order and that the sanitizer has the machines covered in rust. The manager rang me up a couple of weeks later and apologised. He said that the machines were going to be replaced slowly. I work away and it’s handy so won’t be leaving but the only thing I can see that’s been sorted is that they’ve re-covered the benches.
There’s nothing been replaced like. I think the spinning bikes might have. It’s the white weights machines in the middle that’s the worst. Proper rusty. I went for the first time in three weeks the other day. Surely if a TV is broken you take it down and replace it with another rather than leave the gap?

Wish they would send me the survey.

There’s nothing been replaced like. I think the spinning bikes might have. It’s the white weights machines in the middle that’s the worst. Proper rusty. I went for the first time in three weeks the other day. Surely if a TV is broken you take it down and replace it with another rather than leave the gap?

Wish they would send me the survey.
Alcohol in the sanitiser has fucked them. The Mrs reckons the weights in the studios are the same. Doesn’t take long for a heavily used Gym to show signs of wear and tear. It’s not enough to make me leave as it’s handy as. Does need a bit of coin spending on it though.

Is the Washington JD similar to the Sunderland one in that there’s loads of juiced up blokes stood around in the changing rooms posing at themselves after a hard session of videoing themselves hogging the machines? Never seem to do it at the squat rack though funnily enough.

Is the Washington JD similar to the Sunderland one in that there’s loads of juiced up blokes stood around in the changing rooms posing at themselves after a hard session of videoing themselves hogging the machines? Never seem to do it at the squat rack though funnily enough.
Basically aye. Full of blokes who don’t leave their car unless there’s a space right outside.

£22 a month but I pay £17.99 which is why I twist about it being shit but reluctant to move.
Galleries gym is spot on very rarely have to wait as plenty machines and free weights, loads of classes if you fancy mixing ur training up plus swim, sauna and steam all good
Anything breaks its usually fixed pretty quick
Think I pay 27 per month

Last edited:
Was in Jd Washington 5.30pm on weds night. Been going since it opened but never seen it so busy. Impossible to work on one muscle group, was a case of just jump on anything you can.

Was in Jd Washington 5.30pm on weds night. Been going since it opened but never seen it so busy. Impossible to work on one muscle group, was a case of just jump on anything you can.
We moved nearby for work , 2 lasses have joined and go lunchtime , I joined everyone inactive instead

Back