Jay Spearing

When he was a teenager he was quite the coming thing after playing a couple of games for the red scouse. Their reserves came to Hetton with him been the opposition player everyone was expecting to run the game. Our midfield that night was Henderson, Meyler, Colback and Luscombe. Meyler/Colback mowed him down to such an extent he had to be subbed in the 2nd half - talk about getting run over. Left the game thinking he was to small to compete and nothing has changed my mind since. If this is true it really isn't good enough.

This just doesn't make any sense at all, why not just keep Robson or better still why not just allow our current 4 defensive midfielders to cover 2 positions who are equally slow and shit in possession, we need for goals and pace.

It’s most likely just a paper-talk.
Mind, in line with all other lower league clubs, I don’t think we’ll be shelling out on transfer fees this summer.

Theres dozens of links like this a season and people always fall into the trap of outrage etc.

I remember when we signed Ben Alnwick in the last transfer window the abuse that everyone associated with the club was viscious.

We didn't sign him though.

Back