Jay Spearing

This just doesn't make any sense at all, why not just keep Robson or better still why not just allow our current 4 defensive midfielders to cover 2 positions who are equally slow and shit in possession, we need for goals and pace.
It's nixon not sure why people believe him, we are going to be linked with aa lot of players doesn't mean we will sign them all
Brilliant let Mumba and sign Jay Spearing on a free.
We haven't signed him
Free.

Suits donald down to the ground.
Most players we sign and the rest of leagues 1 and 2 sign will be free transfers
Surely keeping Ethan Robson would have been a better option than this
We are linked with him according to a journalist, doesn't mean we are signing him

Last edited:
This just doesn't make any sense at all, why not just keep Robson or better still why not just allow our current 4 defensive midfielders to cover 2 positions who are equally slow and shit in possession, we need for goals and pace.

Midfielders don’t even need goals in this shit league. If everyone did their basics right we’d be promoted easily as the standard is so low.

Centre defenders who can defend, Centre midfield who can break up play and have one box to box midfielder who can dictate the game and pick a pass, wingers with pace and attacking emphasis and have a striker who can score goals. Add some theat from set-pieces and you’ll be in the promotion hunt without any problem.

Jobs for the old boy...its the Ssunderland way.. not recruited on on ability, recruited on who they know. Bit like the owners.

No ones shitting their pants but you. As i've previously said in the thread Spearing doesn't make sense unless Leadbitter goes as too many of same type but to say we don't need any defensive midfielders is just plane daft. Having said that, from reading your previous posts most will think you are daft.

And they said Dinosaurs were extinct...

Parkinson needs to go if he’s even considering this.
Jesus christ surely not. What type of player do we not need? An slow ageing, midget who doesn't score goals!

We have 4 players on the books like this, not even our recruitment team would take the piss with a signing like this.
I think the people who run the club are just out to piss the fans off now. I really do.

And they said Dinosaurs were extinct...
Post 185

"Midfielders don’t even need goals in this shit league. If everyone did their basics right we’d be promoted easily as the standard is so low.

Centre defenders who can defend, Centre midfield who can break up play and have one box to box midfielder who can dictate the game and pick a pass, wingers with pace and attacking emphasis and have a striker who can score goals. Add some theat from set-pieces and you’ll be in the promotion hunt without any problem. "

Looks like i'm not alone in thinking wingers and goalscorers need a base to play from. I don't want Spearing but we need a defensive midfielder. We have 4 so covered in that area. Name calling won't stop that being true.

Everyone's said it, but we have one centre-back in the squad.

We need one, maybe two full-backs, three centre-halves, a goalkeeper and at least two forwards.

The one position we don't need to recruit for is central midfield, particularly not if they are defensively minded.
Which is why this 100 per cent wont happen.

Back