Jason Denayer

Well, it took him a few attempts to get off teh treatment table before he could head the ball

We played (I think) WBA and he played left back. Van Aanholt came on as sub and played left wing/wing back so Denayer was almost a left sided centre half in a 3. For that one game, we (he) looked good, It looked like we'd stumbled on something - PVA scored a late equaliser.

Lost the next 3 games like

That the game where Khazri played and everyone was pretending he was unreal because he’d not been playing in the other games?

I remember Denayer playing class down Liverpool for 30 mins, he was man marking coutinho. Even managed to cripple the lad with a cracking tackle. Thought we were onto something around that time.

It’s quite hard to judge a player during that era. He seemed to have a bit of pace for a big lad.

But then again, played with djillidogi (sp) and that lad who was our record signing NDong.

If he was decent, Moyes wouldve put a stop to it.

Didn't want to be here, we didn't want to see him here.

Had forgotten about him until the bairn got him in a pack of footy cards. I'll usually point out a former player of ours. Didn't bother with him. Refused to give him the satisfaction of being acknowledged.

Now playing for Lyon and the Belgian national team.

Still only 24.

Did anyone rate him whilst on loan?

A truly awful player for us with the heart of a pea. Would remember him like a bad dose of food poisoning. Wages thief.
On a similar note, totally forgot that Januzaj played for Sunderland :lol:

He was the biggest prima doma of all time. Absolutely shite.

Jewz, we had some wankers playing for us, with an even bigger wanker in charge of the team.

Thanks for your legacy Mr Moyes.

Last edited:
my memory of him is that he was really small and weak as piss. Google reckons he's 6 ft. He must have shrunk in an attempt to hide whilst at SAFC.

My other memory of Denayer is that he couldn't run, couldn't kick the ball and didn't want to head the ball.

It didn't help that he publicly said that he didn't want to come

A lass I work with saw him at Kingston Park with her son. The son asked him if he was the Sunderland player and his response was “Don’t call me a Sunderland player, I’m a Man City player out on loan”. Think that just about sums up his attitude when he was here.

Back