Jason Denayer

thought he was bad at city and looked pointless here. woeful in defence or midfield.

what a minging team he was in mind you. cant blame him for hating it

Too young when he was here. I was always certain he had the talent, but he never really got the time to settle and get a run of games, instead he sometimes seemed overeager to perform and ended up in amateurish mistakes.
Good for him, that things are going his way, seemed like a decent bloke.

my memory of him is that he was really small and weak as piss. Google reckons he's 6 ft. He must have shrunk in an attempt to hide whilst at SAFC.

My other memory of Denayer is that he couldn't run, couldn't kick the ball and didn't want to head the ball.

Walk into Scotland team though?
A lass I work with saw him at Kingston Park with her son. The son asked him if he was the Sunderland player and his response was “Don’t call me a Sunderland player, I’m a Man City player out on loan”. Think that just about sums up his attitude when he was here.

That's fair enough.

Last edited:
Pickford and Defoe aside, I don't think I rated any of our players that season.

TBH, it's always difficult to judge a young player on loan thrust into a struggling side. Denayer was better than Janusaj. The latter was skiful but had, and possibly still has, the football sense of a 9 year old boy.
Even Defoe downed tools that season from January onwards

Back