Jarrow 0-7 South Shields FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's class that. Branches charge £40 for Sunderland to get that far. I'm guessing branches pocket some coin (would explain how some people running the branches get to every game without fail)
To be fair, its 25 years since I run a bus and forgot to allow for not filling the bus hence low price (plus we got a good deal because my mate puts a lot of work the coach company way). For regular travel, Branches would soon go under if they didnt stick a premium on the seats to cover for say a midweek game when they half fill the coach...

Are there replays in the forthcoming round of the FA Vase @Ponteland Mackem or is it decided on the day? Looking at previous rounds on wikipedia it doesn't seem consistent.
Shields would chose a replay over decide on the day. As the home side sacrifices half the gate and pays the opponenets travel costs, some decide to surrender the advantage to the home side and come to an agreement that it is settled on the day- hence inconsistency

Shields would chose a replay over decide on the day. As the home side sacrifices half the gate and pays the opponenets travel costs, some decide to surrender the advantage to the home side and come to an agreement that it is settled on the day- hence inconsistency

A replay won't be the worst news for Shield as they look pretty handy at home. Won 10 of their last 11 games (drawing the other) and not lost there since August. Shields will probably be the best side they've faced this season but a massive travel as well.

Westoe travel are fuckin ripping supporters off big time.

Their buses are way overpriced.

Simonside branch offering real supporters travel for only £22 including a bacon butty at the Satellite a sausage and chips in Southampton.

Bacon butty :D
A replay won't be the worst news for Shield as they look pretty handy at home. Won 10 of their last 11 games (drawing the other) and not lost there since August. Shields will probably be the best side they've faced this season but a massive travel as well.

Team are flying down on friday so travel shouldn't effect them, will be a hard game I think , solent have a few x spurs and arsenal players in team

Tremendous value that mate.

All these bus companies must have completely different rates as the discrepancies between branches is quite a bit for SAFC - Shields seem more realistic - unless they're being subsidised at some level?

On this occasion with it being a 1 off they will just be splitting the price of a coach.

Branches who go to every game by coach charge extra so they have a fund for games that dont sell out and they still need to pay for, end of season doo ect ect

On this occasion with it being a 1 off they will just be splitting the price of a coach.

Branches who go to every game by coach charge extra so they have a fund for games that dont sell out and they still need to pay for, end of season doo ect ect
Not all branches go to every game though. Some don't run a bus if not sufficient interest. So while I get your point about the ones that do, I've been recently using several branches and am amazed at the differences that's all. Some branches (SAFC main branch) charge full fare for a seat, others charge much less for OAP, juveniles such as Chester-le-Street, Seaham and Washington and South Shields.

Bacon butty :D

Team are flying down on friday so travel shouldn't effect them, will be a hard game I think , solent have a few x spurs and arsenal players in team

Bacon butties only only if satellite have enough staff i have been informed :lol: will be the busiest it has been in 20 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back