Japanese whisky

Boz33

Striker
Reet SMB whisky drinkers, need a recommendation for a bottle of the jap stuff, budget about 60- 80 quid as I know it's a bit pricier than the homegrown stuff
Cheers

For yourself or an other?

I had the Super Nikka a month back and that was like drinking milk, so smooth, and that was approx 50 quid, you should be able to find the price on the whisky exchange.

They're running out aren't they? Prices haven't half gone up recently. Looking around £500 for a bottle of Hibiki 17. Can't argue with PTR, best for your buck is the Yamazaki. Hibiki 12 is also decent, but i prefer the former.

They're running out aren't they? Prices haven't half gone up recently. Looking around £500 for a bottle of Hibiki 17. Can't argue with PTR, best for your buck is the Yamazaki. Hibiki 12 is also decent, but i prefer the former.

I feel canny naive because I've always thought Nikka was a solid brand of Japanese whisky but some of the things youre rattling out here I've never heard of :lol:

I feel canny naive because I've always thought Nikka was a solid brand of Japanese whisky but some of the things youre rattling out here I've never heard of :lol:
I'm by no means an expert mate - just when i worked in bars i got educated! Few of my pals are bang into it like, tried the Yamazaki 18 a few month ago, that goes at about £200 odd quid a bottle. I don't really drink in the house so never felt the urge, but it's nice to sup every now and then.

https://kotaku.com/japan-is-running-out-of-whisky-1826032552 - article this year about their shortage.

For yourself or an other?

I had the Super Nikka a month back and that was like drinking milk, so smooth, and that was approx 50 quid, you should be able to find the price on the whisky exchange.
The wife's (no) dad, he has a hankering for having some jap whisky, I have no idea where the thought popped into his head from but thought it would be a good pressie for Xmas off the kidda for him. But I'm clueless on spirits as I very rarely touch them but the SMB always throws up someone with experience, especially alcohol wise:lol:
Thanks all

Reet SMB whisky drinkers, need a recommendation for a bottle of the jap stuff, budget about 60- 80 quid as I know it's a bit pricier than the homegrown stuff
Cheers
Suntori Hakushu malt- beautiful malt that rivals a lot of the Scottish malts. Start at about£50 I think. They’ve been distilling Whiskey for a hundred years now.
The story of Suntori distillery was on radio 4 last year and is now a popular soap opera in Japan.

Back