Japanese Wagyu Fillet ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiver

Winger
..... how do I prepare it?

I've just been given this and told it's very expensive and to be savoured.

We're intending to cook it, for our colleagues, but obviously don't want to mess up.

Can anyone advise?

..... how do I prepare it?

I've just been given this and told it's very expensive and to be savoured.

We're intending to cook it, for our colleagues, but obviously don't want to mess up.

Can anyone advise?
Personally I'd leave it at room temperature (as in out the fridge) for a couple of hours, sprinkle with a little (very little) olive oil and give it a quick blast in a very hot pan to sear it. Nothing more, there's no need, the flavour is superb.

Last edited:
Personally I'd leave it at room temperature (as in out the fridge) for a couple of hours, sprinkle with a little (very little) olive oil and give it a quick blast in a very hot pan. Nothing more, there's no need, the flavour is superb.

Thanks.

It's a fairly chunky joint and I was tempted to slice it quite thick before putting it in the pan ..... is that wrong?

Thanks.

It's a fairly chunky joint and I was tempted to slice it quite thick before putting it in the pan ..... is that wrong?

Never :eek:

Oil in a frying pan until it starts smoking.
Plenty of salt and pepper rubbed and pushed into the meat.

Sear it in the pan a minute each side (including the top and bottom) butter in with a sprig rosemary and maybe garlic and baste.

Take it out and in the oven for 15/20 mins.

Rest for 15 mins then slice and serve.

Thanks.

Not that I'm aware of but I don't know for certain so you're best waiting for someone else to answer that.

By the way, lots of people would say not to use olive oil or any oil at all and to just cook it dry. That's my personal preference though.

Never :eek:

Oil in a frying pan until it starts smoking.
Plenty of salt and pepper rubbed and pushed into the meat.

Sear it in the pan a minute each side (including the top and bottom) butter in with a sprig rosemary and maybe garlic and baste.

Take it out and in the oven for 15/20 mins.

Rest for 15 mins then slice and serve.
That's almost to the letter how I'd cook most steak. With Wagyu though I always feel like it's a waste to add butter and rosemary. I don't even find seasoning (with salt and pepper) necessary.

That's almost to the letter how I'd cook most steak. With Wagyu though I always feel like it's a waste to add butter and rosemary. I don't even find seasoning (with salt and pepper) necessary.

Do you really buy this mate, it's very expensive ..... fair play if you do tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back