Japan to resume commercial whaling

as long as its sustainable, not a problem imo

Nah, it's wrong mate. Higher species like whales and dolphins are self aware so not only do they feel pain but also suffering.

I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but seriously, why? Not necessary and causes massive pain and suffering.

Would you be for dolphin hunting?

Nah, it's wrong mate. Higher species like whales and dolphins are self aware so not only do they feel pain but also suffering.

I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but seriously, why? Not necessary and causes massive pain and suffering.

Spot on...

well obviously it is necessary for the japs, otherwise they wouldnt do it. go join peta if you care so much.

edit: if it was sustainable, i wouldn't give a shit about people hunting dolphins.

well obviously it is necessary for the japs, otherwise they wouldnt do it. go join peta if you care so much.
no need to be like that mate. I eat chicken and beef every f***ing meal so not sure they'll have me. But this is different

So do pigs and cows but we treat them like shit and no ones gives a toss.

Is murder less of a crime if you kill someone who isn't "self-aware"?

Whaling is pretty brutal to be honest. Im not a huge fan of the way we deal with chickens and cows etc but harpooing a massive whale and dragging it on to the back of a ship is shite.

yes they are. they have feelings too. they make friendships, have personalities etc. and just to be clear, id happily kill them too to eat.

Ok, fair enough. Up to you.

I personally draw a line there that you don't.

What is it we do to cows and pigs 'in this country' that is particularly bad compared to other countries?
It isn't bad compared to other countries. It's bad compared to slaughtering a few whales.

They're both horrible. Stopping it should be AND not OR. Not a competition.
The poster said Japan were winning the competition. I just pointed out they weren't. I'm not advocating killing whales.

Back