Japan to resume commercial whaling

If you’re referring to humans as a species you’re right of course, beacause of the known sentience and sapience of whales the japs go right to top of the league of shithouse countries.

Sorry but what we do to cows and pigs in this country is much worse than hunting whales.

At least whales have a natural life before they are hunted.

I'm not condoning the slaughter of whales but industrialisation of animal husbandry is far far worse than hunting and killing a few whales.

If you’re referring to humans as a species you’re right of course, beacause of the known sentience and sapience of whales the japs go right to top of the league of shithouse countries.

Not so sure it's any worse than all the battery farming in this country plus the questionable stuff we import.

Intelligence. Some animals are more equal than others. My view is that animals that are intelligent and/or at the top of the food chain should not be killed. I wonder how people would feel if apes started to be commercial killed.
Nonsense.
If whales are top of the food chain then why are we eating them? No different to cows & sheep in that case.
Why does intelligence come into it? Do tigers only hunt thick zebras?

Might do another series of whale wars now.
I was really disappointed at the end of the last series, when i found out how many whales the japs had killed that year. Turned out to be far fewer than had been born, and the species they were hunting numbered in the hundreds of thousands. That’s certainly not the impression they give on the programme.

Intelligence. Some animals are more equal than others. My view is that animals that are intelligent and/or at the top of the food chain should not be killed. I wonder how people would feel if apes started to be commercial killed.
so what is the level that it becomes ok?

better they get eaten and someone gets some pleasure from them rather than they just die of toxins, plastics, radiation or starvation due to ocean acidification there. though greenpeace, sea shepherd and other chancers'll use this news to raise money for their fancy ships and six figure salaries

hopefully the ships will be banned from any ports around the world and harried whenever they are out at sea

if they are restricted to their own territorial waters then they will only destroy their own wildlife

you would hope the japanese people would speak up against it...but perhaps they just like eating whales too much

Wildlife belongs to nobody

hopefully the ships will be banned from any ports around the world and harried whenever they are out at sea

if they are restricted to their own territorial waters then they will only destroy their own wildlife

you would hope the japanese people would speak up against it...but perhaps they just like eating whales too much
They're all a bunch of twats .

Just bizarre to see people get outraged by this but have no issue with slaughtering intelligent animals like cows and pigs.
Or the fact that a lot of whales will die a slow painful death, after consuming the plastic waste we are pouring into the oceans

Sorry but what we do to cows and pigs in this country is much worse than hunting whales.

I'm not condoning the slaughter of whales but industrialisation of animal husbandry is far far worse than hunting and killing a few whales.

What is it we do to cows and pigs 'in this country' that is particularly bad compared to other countries?

They're both horrible. Stopping it should be AND not OR. Not a competition.

Back