January voting - bokeh

Challenge winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Going for steeeed. Would have liked to see that larger candle as the focus point but the bokeh of the window is very nice

Makem Bulldog and One for me this month.

I think MB's is the best use of Bokeh but I like One's photo as it's just generally a really great shot which includes some Bokeh.

Was torn between Steeeeeed and MaDMackem.... liked MM;s for the creative use of the lighting behind the Lily, but the one red light just took my eye away from the detail of the lily stamen.
Steeeeds had great DoF which still retained a huige amount of interest within the picture without totally losing what was behind the candles... nice bright colourful shot too... (me being obsessed with b&w at the minute)

oROSSo & steeeeeeed for me this month; no other reason then they employed the best use of bokeh. In as much as the images would not be half as good without it... if you get me..

Best all-round image is smoker's though :lol: he utterly loves sheep.

oROSSo & steeeeeeed for me this month; no other reason then they employed the best use of bokeh. In as much as the images would not be half as good without it... if you get me..

Best all-round image is smoker's though :lol: he utterly loves sheep.

:lol:

Going for steeeed. Would have liked to see that larger candle as the focus point but the bokeh of the window is very nice

That's good feedback, thanks. I should have tried that.

Thanks for the votes everyone. Right, back to some friendly C&C :-D

Bulldog; I see this being an album cover, like the beasty boys or some punk band. I like it. Great use of bokeh. Nice and sharp where it needs to be. Think the block paving finishes it off really well. VOTE

oROSSo; Liked it the first time I saw it. Lovely winter scene. My only criticism would be that the seat is dangerously close to the bottom of the shot. However, my favourite shot this month and a big fat VOTE

TTM; It is very noisy Tom. I just don't think it's that interesting. Sorry! Urgh, is this the nastiness people where talking about with C&C :-(

Smoker; Really like the rim of light on the back of the sheep. Nice use of bokeh with the trees. VOTE

Ayesane; I think it would be a really good shot if the snowman and your daughter were swapped around position wise. As it is, I think too much of the shot right in front of you is taken up by a big block of white. Yes I said it, I don't like all that bokeh at the front! Beautiful use of a carrot as a leading line though!

MM; nice idea but I would have liked to see the whole head in the shot and possibly slightly greater DoF so the whole flower was sharp (that might have buggered the rest up I accept).

One; it's a nice shot but I don't necessarily think the bokeh adds anything to it or draws the eye to the main point of focus. Why is Bono on the roof?

Andy; Nice composition. You know you're problem here though.. there's another dog shot and I prefer that one. However, the little dog on the pillow looking at the big dog is class.

By the way, when this poll closes I'll be in the Peak District with no interweb, indeed I'll have no interweb until the 12th, so congratulations to whoever wins it.

:lol:

Look at me look at me, I'm in the Peak District ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back