January Gym-goers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm the opposite of a January gym goer. Joined a gym back in October and was getting in an hour of fairly intense cardio three or four times a week. Went out for a two mile run on the roads tonight and was wheezing all the way round! I'm going to go back to road running, for whatever reason hitting the gym doesn't work for me

I don't get how I can go on a cross trainer for ages then soon as I go on a treadmill I can barely last a few min

Exactly the same for me. It seems like a mental thing though. 40-50 minutes on the cross trainer flies over if I've got a magazine/podcast yet after about 3 minutes on a treadmill I'm bored out my skull, even listening to the same thing as on the crosstrainer. Just can't get over it mentally, if I run it has to be outside.

Just finished at gym, fcuking knackered but won't be able to sleep as I'm on an adrenaline rush.
Arms are throbbing but that can only be a good thing.

I've been going a month now, I'm the lightest I've been since 2008 and never had any doubt about giving it up, more the opposite that I want to stay as long as possible. I'll be there again tonight after 10.

Been to Pure Gym tonight, the place was packed to a point where there weren't enough machines per person, in the end ended up leaving early as I didn't know how much longer I'd be waiting to go on a bike. It's even more frustrating that half the people there weren't taking it seriously, just jumping between machines every 5 minutes on the lowest setting.

Been to Pure Gym tonight, the place was packed to a point where there weren't enough machines per person, in the end ended up leaving early as I didn't know how much longer I'd be waiting to go on a bike. It's even more frustrating that half the people there weren't taking it seriously, just jumping between machines every 5 minutes on the lowest setting.
Wait till the new gym opens under the queen Alex bridge will hopefully take a few away from pure

Dunno if you're persevering with Pure Gym marra but its starting to drop off again........numbers are still high but definitely down on a couple of weeks ago.

Dunno if you're persevering with Pure Gym marra but its starting to drop off again........numbers are still high but definitely down on a couple of weeks ago.
Aye I'm still going, I've noticed after 10PM the place is virtually dead except for the regulars so I'm trying my best to go late as possible. I'll be there again tonight.

I've bit the bullet and signed up for the Yanga water too, for the price I'm paying a month to fill my bottle at home it just makes sense to have unlimited re-fills for £4.

Aye I'm still going, I've noticed after 10PM the place is virtually dead except for the regulars so I'm trying my best to go late as possible. I'll be there again tonight.

I've bit the bullet and signed up for the Yanga water too, for the price I'm paying a month to fill my bottle at home it just makes sense to have unlimited re-fills for £4.

Is there not a standard drinking fountain you don't have to pay for?

Got these things called taps in the changing rooms like.

The free weight room is crazy between 6-7. Like a tin of sardines. The machines are pretty bad too.

Got these things called taps in the changing rooms like.

The free weight room is crazy between 6-7. Like a tin of sardines. The machines are pretty bad too.

I've just been looking at the gym usage for last week and it's probably the highest I've seen it since I started going:

Logon or register to see this image

I've just been looking at the gym usage for last week and it's probably the highest I've seen it since I started going:

Logon or register to see this image
I don't think its even gym specific. Can view it without logging in, and doesn't mention Sunderland in the link.[DOUBLEPOST=1392923472][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyway I gave up and went back to the council at bunny hill, hardly anyone in at peak times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back