January Gym-goers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Bear

Striker
Do fuck off with your New Year's resolutions.

Couldn't get on any of the machines in Pure Gym the last week or so because of new members needing a sit down :(

I'm the opposite of a January gym goer this year. My wife had our daughter on the second and I'm not going back until either I manage to get some kind of sleep pattern or I go back to work on the 17th. I go at 6AM though and so I see the January effect a little less.

I'm the opposite of a January gym goer this year. My wife had our daughter on the second and I'm not going back until either I manage to get some kind of sleep pattern or I go back to work on the 17th. I go at 6AM though and so I see the January effect a little less.

I'm going to have to go early morning as well :(

Loads of tubby lasses in brand new fluorescent gym clothes.

Walking on the treadmills for 40 minutes then planking on those shakey machines. Not sure what they're getting out of it but if it makes them happy...

Loads of tubby lasses in brand new fluorescent gym clothes.

Walking on the treadmills for 40 minutes then planking on those shakey machines. Not sure what they're getting out of it but if it makes them happy...

I keep wanting to try those shaky machines.........it's like a competition to see how many different poses you can pull

Have to train at the ultra-commercial 'The Gym' when I'm at my lasses (very different to my usual training environment, I must say). When I went along there for the first time in January on thursday, I just thought "f***ing hell", but then I realised that most people there were just fannying about on machines and doing bicep curls and managed to get straight in the squat rack.

I know, cool story.

Have to train at the ultra-commercial 'The Gym' when I'm at my lasses (very different to my usual training environment, I must say). When I went along there for the first time in January on thursday, I just thought "f***ing hell", but then I realised that most people there were just fannying about on machines and doing bicep curls and managed to get straight in the squat rack.

I know, cool story.

Nobody curling in the squat rack?

Despite using a commercial gym I've yet to see anyone do it :lol:

Nobody curling in the squat rack?

Despite using a commercial gym I've yet to see anyone do it :lol:

:lol:

I've seen people do upright rows, curls, overhead tricep extensions, side bends and probably more in the power rack

Shaky machines :evil:

Even up here it seems like it's mandatory for all newcomers, females in particular. Do people think you can vibrate fat or cellulite off your body? Where is it going to go, ooze out from your toes?

On the plus side the January boom hasn't been that bad this year.

Even up here it seems like it's mandatory for all newcomers, females in particular. Do people think you can vibrate fat or cellulite off your body? Where is it going to go, ooze out from your toes?

Arnold is numero uno

To be fair, your legs definitely feel it if you go on one for a while on a high setting so they must be doing something. Just extremely inefficiently.

Fucks sake man, it's 'Vibroplate' not shaky machines
You can tell you lot have never trained before :D

What on earth do the vibroplates do? I sometimes do a little squat with them and stretch a little before a run but cant do much

Fucks sake man, it's 'Vibroplate' not shaky machines
You can tell you lot have never trained before :D

Didn't want to sound fancy by correcting people ;)

Also the vibroplates hardly deserve being called by their official name

Last edited:
I've seen loads of them the last few days.

- Empty shoeboxes in the changing rooms as people have gone straight from the shop to the gym with their shiny new trainers.
- People standing around chatting and swigging Lucozade Sport but not actually doing any exercise.
- Lasses working out in groups of 4 or 5, curling 1kg weights and telling themselves they've earned a bottle of wine later.
- Regular gym goers twitching as they hold in their comments when people use terrible form.
- People who think all you need is endless cardio so they never bother with weights.

I've been lucky so far as I use the ladies area of the gym and not many of the newbies are bothering with the free weights or the squat rack, so at least my own plans haven't been affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back