January challenge - Bokeh - Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick one for Ajax. You know you've shot it at such a high iso. is the noise reduction done post process or does the camera manage to that already?

Only ask because I do a lot of night football photography and i shoot with the 7D at i think 12000 iso and i get a fuck load of noise, that after PP you can remove a lot of it but it is still very grainy.

Cheers in advance.

Just a quick one for Ajax. You know you've shot it at such a high iso. is the noise reduction done post process or does the camera manage to that already?

Only ask because I do a lot of night football photography and i shoot with the 7D at i think 12000 iso and i get a fuck load of noise, that after PP you can remove a lot of it but it is still very grainy.

Cheers in advance.

Noise reduction was done in photoshop... however the 1st pic is just the standard settings on the camera which I imagine will be set for optimal balance between NR and sharpening, so I would imagine (can't say for 100% though) you could boost the in camera NR to higher and get similar results to my 2nd pic without needing to do it post process.

However the NR reduction pic I posted was done using selective NR so as to keep the eye fairly sharp, and in camera you wouldn't be able to do this, but then again you probably wouldn't need to anyway with that type of photograpy.

Hope that makes sense?

Don't suppose you could hoy a 60 second ISO3600 shot of the night sky up? ;)

What has happened to jr ewing?

Houston we have a problem?

ps did you see the night shot of the Matterhorn on the natgeo winners list?

Sparkling. Wondered if it was a composite though?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back