January 20th live footy on tv

Good afternoon, fromagiers.

Cheese contains a protein called casein. When digested, opiate-like compounds called caseomorphins are produced, which bond with the brain's opiate-receptors to induce a similar effect on the brain as heroin.

Most people are revolted by the smell of vomit, yet we eat Parmesan. The vomit smell is caused by isovaleric acid, but once we know that a cheese rather than vomit is producing the smell, brain imaging shows we switch from registering disgust to registering pleasure. That is but part of the power of cheese.

What has this to do with football and our seemingly insatiable appetite for it? Possibly nothing. Perhaps everything. Maybe the truth lies in that mysterious grey land in between, a land that many refuse to acknowledge exists, known to the wise as the land of truth.

Enjoy yasels. Stay Stiltony....
Morning Hank et al

A good book, and six bottles of Baileys for me.

Have a good and peaceful day, all 👍
Afternoon, HC.

A horse called Hello Baileys ran today at Kempton. It won. By a nose. At 10/1. Baileys was right, even though, to me, it's very wrang. Suffice to say I wasn't on. It also looks like we might be signing Bailey Wright. I hope that's right & that Wright is right too (too right! is the chorus) although I'm often wrang, but not as wrang as Bailey's, which, as I've said, is very wrang to me but to you Bailey's is right. But whether Bailey's is right or wrang, I hope we can agree that Bailey Wright is right. Right? Or am I wrang? Again?

Last edited:

Cheese contains a protein called casein. When digested, opiate-like compounds called caseomorphins are produced, which bond with the brain's opiate-receptors to induce a similar effect on the brain as heroin.

Most people are revolted by the smell of vomit, yet we eat Parmesan. The vomit smell is caused by isovaleric acid, but once we know that a cheese rather than vomit is producing the smell, brain imaging shows we switch from registering disgust to registering pleasure. That is but part of the power of cheese.

What has this to do with football and our seemingly insatiable appetite for it? Possibly nothing. Perhaps everything. Maybe the truth lies in that mysterious grey land in between, a land that many refuse to acknowledge exists, known to the wise as the land of truth.

Afternoon, HC.

A horse called Hello Baileys ran today at Kempton. It won. By a nose. At 10/1. Baileys was right, even though, to me, it's very wrang. Suffice to say I wasn't on. It also looks like we might be signing Bailey Wright. I hope that's right & that Wright is right too (too right! is the chorus) although I'm often wrang, but not as wrang as Bailey's, which, as I've said, is very wrang to me but to you Bailey's is right. But whether Bailey's is right or wrang, I hope we can agree that Bailey Wright is right. Right? Or am I wrang? Again?
Afternoon Clougie la, that's brilliant and as a lover of both cheese and Baileys, l will now view them with the respect they deserve.
Whilst l am addicted to cheese, l am not addicted to heroin and like wise with Baileys, but will reserve any comment on the incoming Bill Bailey as and when needed.

Can’t disagree with your thinking or any of your comments 😄😄😄😄
😂😂😂
Afternoon Wakey lad, you safely home now, great pic of the pool and sounded like you had a great weekend

Morning Sis, yes looking at the pictures I know I missed out. Home on Thursday so Friday match and I will get a ticket for Portsmouth
Afternoon Musicman, good to get home l would imagine, not sure about Pompey myself, l shall do Coventry but that's at the backend of Feb. We are away for Oxford so will miss that and it on the doorstep more or less.

Afternoon Clougie la, that's brilliant and as a lover of both cheese and Baileys, l will now view them with the respect they deserve.
Whilst l am addicted to cheese, l am not addicted to heroin and like wise with Baileys, but will reserve any comment on the incoming Bill Bailey as and when needed.

😂😂😂
Afternoon Wakey lad, you safely home now, great pic of the pool and sounded like you had a great weekend

Afternoon Musicman, good to get home l would imagine, not sure about Pompey myself, l shall do Coventry but that's at the backend of Feb. We are away for Oxford so will miss that and it on the doorstep more or less.
Literally walked through the door
Cheers marra

Afternoon, HC.

Aft'noon Cloughster, I hope you're well, my learned friend.
A cracking win for Hello Baileys, and the sweet taste of success, for those lucky enough to have backed it, @10's, and the bitter taste of defeat, for those that didn't back it.
I don't know anything about Bailey Wright, but hopefully, he'll be a useful addition, to a useful looking team (at long last)
As I've posted here previously, some people will back a hoss, because they like it's name.
I've seen with my own eyes, on two occasions, at different courses, women backing a hoss, (which won) at 100/1, soley because of it's name. (making mugs of myself, the bookies, and everybody else, who thought the hoss had no chance of winning) 😄

Have a smashing day, mate 👍

A cracking win for Hello Baileys, and the sweet taste of success, for those lucky enough to have backed it, @10's, and the bitter taste of defeat, for those that didn't back it.
I don't know anything about Bailey Wright, but hopefully, he'll be a useful addition, to a useful looking team (at long last)
As I've posted here previously, some people will back a hoss, because they like it's name.
I've seen with my own eyes, on two occasions, at different courses, women backing a hoss, (which won) at 100/1, soley because of it's name. (making mugs of myself, the bookies, and everybody else, who thought the hoss had no chance of winning) 😄

Afternoon HC, my Mrs backs horses which she thinks are pretty. She has won far more that me and on the day we got engaged (at Goodwood) she won 4 out of 7 and had 2 in second place. She even won backed the winner of the Stewards Cup, the 5 furlong cavalry charge. I got 2 of the other 3 so wasn't a bad day :lol:

Afternoon HC, my Mrs backs horses which she thinks are pretty. She has won far more that me and on the day we got engaged (at Goodwood) she won 4 out of 7 and had 2 in second place. She even won backed the winner of the Stewards Cup, the 5 furlong cavalry charge. I got 2 of the other 3 so wasn't a bad day :lol:
Afternoon Bishop lad that serious betting, like Goodwood never been Horse racing there but motor racing and car events.

Afternoon Sis, yes love a day at the races. Goodwood is my favourite, top of the downs and just stunning whichever way you look. Doubt we'll ever reach such betting heights again, these days am pleased if my horse gets a mention in the final furlong and doesn't involve the phrase "..and bringing up the rear"

Am not into cars at all but everyone I know who has been to the festival of speed absolute raves about it

Aft'noon Storts
People backing a hoss, purely because they like it'a name, it's colour, or the silks it's rider is wearing, have absolutely no idea about hoss racing, yet they are far luckier than me, so they're obviously doing something right. :lol:
If I fell into a barrel of tits, I'd come out sucking my thumb. :rolleyes: 😄

Enjoy the rest of your day, mate. 👍

You too, HC, marra. I've just got back in from standing in the back yard dusk, exchanging whistles with a mother wren & a pair of blackbirds. To be clear, I wasn't on the naughty step, I was merely doing a bit of Zhan Zhuang & enjoying being an infinitesimal part of nature. Freezing now. Time for a glass of hot Ribena (my predictive text suggested Rihanna, the provocative fucker).

Nice work from your good lady wife although I'd be inclined to be a little more discreet about your marital status, Your Grace. Unless you're making an ecumenical point, of course.

Back