January 2011 SMB Photography Challenge - Contre Jour - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reet, there's my entry in. This shot was really meant to be just me trying out a technique before taking my proper picture later...but it's just so bloody freezing here that there's no way I'll be able to get out with the camera again. I

nearly got frostbite getting this shot! And I sunk bollock-deep in a snow bank today trying to get another shot. We've had 45cm of snow in the last couple of days and it was -24 the other day. Not good for the aspiring outdoor photographer.

That's mine in anarl.

Thought I'd use the star of last January's 'Food for thought' entry again.

Forgot to include the Flickr link - could a mod oblige?

Flickr.

Last edited by a moderator:
great stuff this month, i think overall it's the strongest month we have seen in the competition so far.

Last edited:
Never had a chance so unless I can take an indor shot tonight then I'll be giving this month a miss.

First one of these I've entered, and there's some top pictures in there. Good fun just taking part! How does the vote work?

First one of these I've entered, and there's some top pictures in there. Good fun just taking part! How does the vote work?
I think ABEasyTiger 22 will post the voting rules tonight/tomorrow. But if no changes, there will be a list of the photographer's names (poster's names) and then you vote for one or more photographs that you like.

I think ABEasyTiger 22 will post the voting rules tonight/tomorrow. But if no changes, there will be a list of the photographer's names (poster's names) and then you vote for one or more photographs that you like.

Yep, that's about it.

Vote for as many as you like, your votes will be public.

After some "odd" voting at times last year I'll be posting some voting guidelines, but of course you can choose to completely ignore them if you wish.

There'll be an extra day or so in the Jan competition as my web access is severely restricted following a house move over the weekend, but best to get your entries in on time as I'll close the comp as soon after midnight tonight as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back