January 16th live footy on tv

Take care with the training marra and don't push yourself. I'm desperate to get back out running again but I'm refraining until I'm fully better, especially when the weather isn't great outside.
Wise words, O, Subject of Titian.

My running days are gone, nivva to return, Red, la. The orthopod told me so. The options were: dee as yer telt & you'll likely walk without a limp. Or - actually that was the only option, ha, ha.

I'm still opening the coughing for England. I've an exquisitely painful spot just to the left of my sternum, which is likely a torn intercostal muscle and/or a cracked rib. Being the sensible chap I am, having done next to nothing since Christmas, I decided to do a session on the rowing machine last night (I call it "the pyramid": it's a variation on intensive interval training) as an objective test of my fitness. Turns out I have none! I think I'm clinically Hovis. I can usually do it with little ill after-effect, but I could hardly stand up when I got off the machine, ha, ha. Today, I feel like I've been run over by a family sized hatchback and/or been a stand-in for Mike Tyson's hivvy bag. There's no fool like a serial fool.

Good afternoon, everyone. Keep the Pek pert @Spam Javelin steady the Buffs @Scorefrom a throw in and particular good wishes to @Snorbens : I hope you get sorted out, marra. Steady she blahs, @Dilligaf60 me owld marrallelogram, easy on with Jack Frost, @hank williams la: he'll nip at yer fingers, he'll nip at yer toes, so Jehovah arnly nars what he'll dee to yer liver & onions.

It's nice & dull & card outside: I think I'll gan fer a five mile run. Due to a combination of war wounds, I've not run for several years, so it should be a piece of Battenburg. As Father Dougal McGuire said: Do you ever notice it's usually sick people who end up in hospitals?

Enjoy yasels: stay Captain Sensible....
Rowing machines are evil Cloughy, stay well clear. I used to run marathons at a decent pace and the only session that would seriously do for me were intervals on the rower.

I'm contemplating doing a half marathon this year. Definitely a 10K or two though.
Go for it. I did half a dozen (just the one a year!) before the final, career-ending injury of my illustrious pub-football reign, ha, ha. I only enjoyed the first one & only really ran for footy fitness. I found running boring, but, that said, once I got into a rhythm on a longer (30 minute plus) run, it could be quite meditative.
Rowing machines are evil Cloughy, stay well clear. I used to run marathons at a decent pace and the only session that would seriously do for me were intervals on the rower.
I must face my demons, secure in the knowledge that I may call upon the powers of goodness to exorcise them via the conduit of God's good grace, to wit, you, Your Grace.

Last edited:

We have rowing machines as a station on circuits sometimes. We have to aim to row 150m in 40 seconds. I usually hit that and my PB is 172m.
Go for it. I did half a dozen (just the one a year!) before the final, career-ending injury of my illustrious pub-football reign, ha, ha. I only enjoyed the first one & only really ran for footy fitness. I found running boring, but, that said, once I got into a rhythm on a longer (30 minute plus) run, it could be quite meditative.

I love it outdoors and find it meditative as you say. I can't stand running on a treadmill though.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have rowing machines as a station on circuits sometimes. We have to aim to row 150m in 40 seconds. I usually hit that and my PB is 172m.

I love it outdoors and find it meditative as you say. I can't stand running on a treadmill though.
I just looked back at my old training plans, my really evil session was 4 minutes on the rower, 20 seconds as hard as possible 10 seconds easy. Then a 2 mile run at 6 minute mile pace, followed by a repeat of the row, it wasn't unusual to lose my breakfast after that session.

I can't run a bath these days, must get out more starting.... tomorrow:lol:

I just looked back at my old training plans, my really evil session was 4 minutes on the rower, 20 seconds as hard as possible 10 seconds easy. Then a 2 mile run at 6 minute mile pace, followed by a repeat of the row, it wasn't unusual to lose my breakfast after that session.

I can't run a bath these days, must get out more starting.... tomorrow:lol:
Ooph. That sounds pretty intense, The Bishop, la. Bet that had you a little moist under the mitre!

Evening all ....

As for running, I’ve run forra bus & train very occasionally, my last long one was at Millllllwallllll in 1975?😄 forst game of the season
As for getten a sweat on, Ive never played bingo much. Becs gets a bit hot twattin a mag on Frida eve or like today on someone’s birthday.

I was telt that horses sweat, gentlemen perspire & ladies glow. I remember responding that if that’s the case my girlfriend glows like a pig (or hoss )😳😩🙄😄

That wasn’t T 😄

Last edited:
Morning Hank marra and co you old romantic.!
Morning KB
Morning Hanky mornen all

NOTS for me

Graft, home to cook pasta for us all (granddaughters fave) + sort my bag & clays for the weekend away.

Gunna be cawld in that there

Avvegudden everyone
Morning Wakey.
Morning Hank, morning all

Just work today, at least it’s dry out atm
Morning Stortford.
Morning Hank
Morning all

pity that Carlisle cardiff match wasn’t on last night. Welsh mate of mine went and said it was a cracker.

will watch some of the Italian match
Morning EM
Morning lads. Nowt for me.

Morning marra. Get well soon! Sending my love xx
Morning Becs
Morning Hank

Morning Dilly,Becs, Wakey, SFATI, Cloughiewobble, Echoman,Chorley, Musicman, Lonious Monk, Janey, Sismanhatton,AndyGray1985,VicCarlton,MK Mackem,Kingdom Bhoy, Kid Galahad,Chunks, and all.

Poor that. Nothing for me.

Have a good day everyone
Morning Spam
Morning Hank & morning all. Nothing tonight or last night. Watched White House Farm, quite good. Just on my way out now so I hope you all have a nice Thursday. A great weekend of football awaits, but @TiptonBaggie's team and my team are on MNF next week.

@Dilligaf60 , have a good kip mate. Windy as here, hate to think what its like were you are,🍉.

@becs , morning, hope you are getting there now and have a good day,x.

@Snorbens , all the very best pal, hope you get sorted , 👍👍.

@Wakey ftm in Sussex , morning pal , enjoy your pasta 🍝 tonight and a great weekend for you both coming up.

@Spam Javelin , @Rip Van Fish , morning chaps.

@Horley Chorley , have a good day mate.

@AndyGray1985 , @eddtheduck , @HuffyDuffy , @st joes lad , @TiptonBaggie , @EchoMan , agreed pal , @robbied1 , @Johnap , @Kingdom Bhoy , @riffraff , @Stortford , it is mate , @Butcher's Coat , @Musicman , @sismanhatton , @thecloughywobble , @rubberface , @Bonzo , @coach13 , @Mainze , @The Hesford Diet , @viccarlton , @Kid Galahad , @myleftfoot1978, @NewAdventuresInWiFi , @Geronimo , @PeteFTM , @Fetch Fletch , @Mally Mackem , @janey , @TaylorBoosh , @CLENK88 , @Wayne The Punk , @wigwams , @Bonzo , @niceonemarra , @cluffy .... And to you all yet to post, have a nice Thursday.
Morning SFATI. Strangely enough it hasn’t been too bad today.
Morning Hank, Morning All

Looks like the duck will have to delve into his vault of recorded footy archives.
Morning Edd
Top of the morning Hank and morning all

Nots for me Hank, niknak will think it's perfect

Morning Snorbens lad get yoursel better, mind being in Stevenage would make me iIl. Best wishes for speedy recovery

Have a great day one and all
Morning Sis. You too.
Morning Hank, morning all.Nothing for me.Dentist this morning and a drive down South this afternoon.Have a great day.
Morning Tipton.

Morning Hank, Morning Dill and my other friends here.

Nowt for me but in 24 hrs I will be In Hawaii and hoping to get some sort of decent football coverage.

Oh for the days of Dawdon Club...
Morning John. Safe journey.
Morning Hank, morning all.
Morning BC
Morning Hank, morning everyone
It might be a canny game so Parma for me.

Have a good day everyone.
Morning Bonzo
Morning throw in
Morning Rob
Morning Hank, Morning All
Nowt for me again.
Have a gud un!
Morning AG
I'm still opening the coughing for England. I've an exquisitely painful spot just to the left of my sternum, which is likely a torn intercostal muscle and/or a cracked rib. Being the sensible chap I am, having done next to nothing since Christmas, I decided to do a session on the rowing machine last night (I call it "the pyramid": it's a variation on intensive interval training) as an objective test of my fitness. Turns out I have none! I think I'm clinically Hovis. I can usually do it with little ill after-effect, but I could hardly stand up when I got off the machine, ha, ha. Today, I feel like I've been run over by a family sized hatchback and/or been a stand-in for Mike Tyson's hivvy bag. There's no fool like a serial fool.

Good afternoon, everyone. Keep the Pek pert @Spam Javelin steady the Buffs @Scorefrom a throw in and particular good wishes to @Snorbens : I hope you get sorted out, marra. Steady she blahs, @Dilligaf60 me owld marrallelogram, easy on with Jack Frost, @hank williams la: he'll nip at yer fingers, he'll nip at yer toes, so Jehovah arnly nars what he'll dee to yer liver & onions.

It's nice & dull & card outside: I think I'll gan fer a five mile run. Due to a combination of war wounds, I've not run for several years, so it should be a piece of Battenburg. As Father Dougal McGuire said: Do you ever notice it's usually sick people who end up in hospitals?

Enjoy yasels: stay Captain Sensible....
Morning Cloughy. Easy into it mate, a five miler is a big ask after so long.

Back