Jan photo comp - Lights and Shadows - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated.

I reckon there could be a broad interpretation of this theme.
Let's hope the weather picks up.
Have fun!

WELCOME to any newcomers too!

Last edited:

I'm trying to do a Project 365 this year so I may enter a few photos now and again this year.

Most of them will probably on me iPhone, but I really should bother me arse and dig the SLR out of its bag....

How do you work that ? just take a photo a day?
Yep. It's simple enough. I post mine to flickr. I did one back in 2009 and got as far as July before work went mental and I fell off the wagon. Some of the photos I took were pretty mundane at the time but looking back at them is actually really good fun and brought back some great memories. It ends up being a kind of photo diary.

Here's the one I did back then:

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0097009/gp/helenrobertson1/8j45y2/

Yep. It's simple enough. I post mine to flickr. I did one back in 2009 and got as far as July before work went mental and I fell off the wagon. Some of the photos I took were pretty mundane at the time but looking back at them is actually really good fun and brought back some great memories. It ends up being a kind of photo diary.

Here's the one I did back then:

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0097009/gp/helenrobertson1/8j45y2/
Some canny shots there Hells, what breed of cats are they btw, or are they just normal moggies with their lugs superglued down? :cool:

I haven't looked at yours yet HB but will. Just started today. First photo was the butler taking the Christmas tree out. Hope I can make 365 photos! I don't think taking them will be a problem it will be the putting them on the computer and filing them bit that may let me down. I still haven't completely sorted my South America trip yet and I've been back nearly a year.

I haven't looked at yours yet HB but will. Just started today. First photo was the butler taking the Christmas tree out. Hope I can make 365 photos! I don't think taking them will be a problem it will be the putting them on the computer and filing them bit that may let me down. I still haven't completely sorted my South America trip yet and I've been back nearly a year.
I take ages to do holiday photos. God knows how long it'll take me to put wedding pics on Flickr. We've got a thousand to sort through....

I usually try and upload either from my phone direct to flickr, or take my SD card out and whack it in the laptop on an evening if I've been using the camera. Right, need to take today's!

Peachy, can't we just have the one rolling discussion thread and reduce the fannying about on locked threads?

And just reduce the number of threads generally

Peachy, can't we just have the one rolling discussion thread and reduce the fannying about on locked threads?

And just reduce the number of threads generally
They are reduced! One for the month's entries. One discussion thread. One general pictures. How reduced do you want!?:) There are not many of us posting, so three or four threads is about right. You can use january discussion thread to discuss anything - that month or any of the months. Does ICBYD stand for troublemaker?;) (I only got March locked by a mod as it is in the future - - -:p)

RTG have made a gallery for the competition (January 2014). Much easier to upload your photos, can upload straight from your "My pictures" (Windows), no need for Imageshack or similar. Slightly harder to see who has posted what, probably better/easier to decide on which photo you like. If you click on one of the photos you get a slide show and details (on the right) of who entered the picture with details of camera and settings.

Post your comments/hints/tips on gallery use in this thread for everybody's reference. :)

January competition has now closed.[DOUBLEPOST=1391215180][/DOUBLEPOST]....

Gallery album and voting thread for january will be sorted later today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back