James Morrison missed a trick ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T_Bone

Striker
I think he is a very good player with goals in him. He is from Darlo and his family still live there. I knar he was at Boro but his family have a soft spot for us.
A few years ago he was out of favour at the Baggies and was available for £1m !! I know for a fact he was hoping we would go in for him. We didn't.
He could still do a job for us.

Must admit I watched WBA v Arsenal 1st half today and was impressed yet again with Morrison. Also McLean had a cracking game again, did we wright him off to soon? He is performing week in week out in a team higher than us...and many are thrapping themselves over Watmore who is not fit to lace McLeans boots.

Bit like the 'we should have hired Hughes when we had the chance' argument. Bollocks, as if MON wasn't a good appointment at the time!
No. I pointed out he wanted to cone here when £1m would have got him but we missed that trick. He would still be a good signing.
If you and any other idiot on here looks at this post as a but if but if fairy Nuff, but you miss my point.

Tbf he used to be a pretty average winger. Somewhere along the line he started to get regular games more centrally and progressed from there.

He's decent enough but many of our fans would be calling him to weak or not consistent when he wasn't scoring here and we'd probably play him wide right anyway. I'd certainly have rather had him here than Larsson an Gardner, but wouldn't have took him when he was available for 1m or so, because I'm quite sure it was when he was a winger and hadn't done well there at boro or WBA initially.

Tbf he used to be a pretty average winger. Somewhere along the line he started to get regular games more centrally and progressed from there.

He's decent enough but many of our fans would be calling him to weak or not consistent when he wasn't scoring here and we'd probably play him wide right anyway. I'd certainly have rather had him here than Larsson an Gardner, but wouldn't have took him when he was available for 1m or so, because I'm quite sure it was when he was a winger and hadn't done well there at boro or WBA initially.
Fair comment Perry, I remember when he was available for £1m and couldn't understand why we didn't sign him. I know we were his favoured destination. Anyway he's done alright for himself since !

I think he is a very good player with goals in him. He is from Darlo and his family still live there. I knar he was at Boro but his family have a soft spot for us.
A few years ago he was out of favour at the Baggies and was available for £1m !! I know for a fact he was hoping we would go in for him. We didn't.
He could still do a job for us.
He is an excellent player like, would be a great signing but doubt it would come off, in the relative short-term anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back