James "Jimmy" Montgomery mural

Destined for the same pub I think

The more the better around the city as far as I'm concerned hads a bit of character and sense of pride in the club's history.

Sad as it is, I was off work week before last and had a drive round to look at all the current murals.

Shouldn't it be on the Tram Car?

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out mate but the Tram Car is a Grade II listed building. You can't gan around painting git big murals on buildings as auspicious as the Tram Car Inn.

For starters you would enrage the sensibilities of its regulars who are to a man connoisseurs of the building's "....Exuberant Jacobean style..." and its "...low-relief cartouches and foliage in spandrels...

Although I was born and bred in Marley Pots I often wonder if the reason why me dad always advised me to never go in there was because he feared that my architectural ignorance and lack of appreciation for such things would be cruelly exposed.

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out mate but the Tram Car is a Grade II listed building. You can't gan around painting git big murals on buildings as auspicious as the Tram Car Inn.

For starters you would enrage the sensibilities of its regulars who are to a man connoisseurs of the building's "....Exuberant Jacobean style..." and its "...low-relief cartouches and foliage in spandrels...

Although I was born and bred in Marley Pots I often wonder if the reason why me dad always advised me to never go in there was because he feared that my architectural ignorance and lack of appreciation for such things would be cruelly exposed.
😅

Not been in there since 1983. Even after 6 months of publess lockdown I’m not missing it.

Back