Jamal Lowe.

Lowe going by tomorrow to Wigan for 3m. We are signing Marcus Harness as his replacement apparently.

So to allay the OP’s fears, no we won’t be moving for Maddison.
That’s a poor replacement, quick but no end product, that was my judgement of watching him against and for Burton Albion!

Lowe going by tomorrow to Wigan for 3m. We are signing Marcus Harness as his replacement apparently.

So to allay the OP’s fears, no we won’t be moving for Maddison.

Will be a good addition if he keeps developing.

Mind, just had a look, Gooch has better stats than Harness last season and he gets vilified on here.
Most of his goals and one of his assists came in one game against Rochdale too.

He did look lively in the games against us and is a good age so likely to develop but he doesn’t look in Lowe’s class.

What’s the fee?

I think it's a goid replacement to be fair, he looks a very good player. I wish we were in for him.

I was thinking...where've Wigan got £3m from? Then I remembered...
I think he’s a poorer player than Lowe, quick and direct but not much end product! Each one of Pompey replacements will weaken them and take time to gel!

I think he’s a poorer player than Lowe, quick and direct but not much end product! Each one of Pompey replacements will weaken them and take time to gel!

He looks a talented lad to me. 5 goals and 7 assists is canny. He's only 23.

Mind, just had a look, Gooch has better stats than Harness last season and he gets vilified on here.

Very true, but the criticism is way ott imo. Gooch scored 5 and had 9 assists, at 23 it is a better record than Harness. Unsure how they fair on chances created etc.

Last edited:
He looks a talented lad to me. 5 goals and 7 assists is canny. He's only 23.

Very true, but the criticism is way ott imo. Gooch scored 5 and had 9 assists, at 23 it is a better record than Harness. Unsure how they fair on chances created etc.
Gooch gets far to much stick his form in the first half of the season was fantastic. All people remember though is his poor second half of the season.

Gooch gets far to much stick his form in the first half of the season was fantastic. All people remember though is his poor second half of the season.
There were a few like that, Baldwin looked good for the most part first half of the season then the mistakes and lack of confidence crept in. Gooch fell off after the contract talks and him becoming a father.

I think this is a good deal for Pompey . The reality is Pompey are a club that needs to develop players and make a profit . 3 years ago when we got Lowe and Curtis from non league & Irish football people complained that we had no ambition . There are bargains out there . Pompey are in safe hands atm with possibly the best CEO in Football with Mark Catlin

Back