Jamal Lowe.

The fans want Maddison, he wants to join but the important thing is - I don't think the club want him.

Jack Ross claims to be quite modern and like statistics. The statistics on Maddison are insanely compelling.

As for the board, they are always PR hungry. Methven has to justify his trade/skills - he's not a f***ing Chief Executive, so he has to pretend that PR is really important and can have an impact on the bottom line through ticket sales or whatever (well, that's my theory anyway - as to why he keeps banging on about them). Maddison is a massively PR-friendly move because he's genuinely desperate to play for us.

I see no reason why it can't happen other than money. So...

Jack Ross claims to be quite modern and like statistics. The statistics on Maddison are insanely compelling.

As for the board, they are always PR hungry. Methven has to justify his trade/skills - he's not a f***ing Chief Executive, so he has to pretend that PR is really important and can have an impact on the bottom line through ticket sales or whatever (well, that's my theory anyway - as to why he keeps banging on about them). Maddison is a massively PR-friendly move because he's genuinely desperate to play for us.

Excellent post. Who's cares of he's a nutty tattooed lad from Coxhoe, he is a footballer after all.

I think the statistics that they look at probably go a bit beyond league goals and assists...

No doubting he's got a great left peg though.

I think the club think we've got McGeady to play that role so why spend the money. We also have Maguire who will fill the No.10 role (if we play with a no.10) or maybe even Honeyman seeing as Ross has persisted with him.

I'm not saying I don't want him but I think a right winger is more important at this moment. Maybe test Posh with a take it or leave it offer for Maddison next week.

It would be interesting to see if Maddison tries to force a move himself by putting in a transfer request.

Tbf mate after all the shit they went through, I don’t blame the club for self sufficiency.
7.5 mill for two players is pretty good going in L1
It is, but it’s also now about how we reinvest that money over the seasons ahead. We’ve been ‘eat what we kill’ since the Trust saved the club and that’s continued under the Eisner’s.

This should be the first time, since probably 2002, where we are in a cash-rich position vis a vis the direct competition. But it’s what we now do with that that’s key.

It is, but it’s also now about how we reinvest that money over the seasons ahead. We’ve been ‘eat what we kill’ since the Trust saved the club and that’s continued under the Eisner’s.

This should be the first time, since probably 2002, where we are in a cash-rich position vis a vis the direct competition. But it’s what we now do with that that’s key.
Realistically, the money for Lowe wont affect anything this year - after Clarke went, we could afford any players who fit into our wage structure, we just don't want to pay high wages. If we get to the Championship next season, though, it will help us massively.

Realistically, the money for Lowe wont affect anything this year - after Clarke went, we could afford any players who fit into our wage structure, we just don't want to pay high wages. If we get to the Championship next season, though, it will help us massively.
I know we had this debate over on POL, but I think Lowe’s sale really does diminish that prospect happening next season.

I think there will be a replacement signed. Probably for money too, despite the free links to Marc Pugh etc.

Whoever comes in though we are probably going to have to accept won’t be able to replace Lowe by themselves. There just isn’t anybody like him who we could realistically attract. Wilks was the obvious candidate but he’s already gone to Barnsley.

Lowe going by tomorrow to Wigan for 3m. We are signing Marcus Harness as his replacement apparently.

So to allay the OP’s fears, no we won’t be moving for Maddison.

Back