Jamal Lowe.

@Royal_blue_90 thoughts for the coming season?

Confident of Pompey chances?
Who do you see challenging for promotion?

I can see Pompey and Sunderland being right up there. I’m not sure who exactly, but I can see there being a surprise package somewhere. I also think that Coventry(sorry guys) will be a decent team this season if that front 3/4 is intact? I’m not sure if they have lost any players though and I think Rotherham will probably be in the mix too. I think it’s a strong division again this season. I think Ipswich will struggle for top 6. Bolton and Bury are as good as down/finished already

I can see Pompey and Sunderland being right up there. I’m not sure who exactly, but I can see there being a surprise package somewhere. I also think that Coventry(sorry guys) will be a decent team this season if that front 3/4 is intact? I’m not sure if they have lost any players though and I think Rotherham will probably be in the mix too. I think it’s a strong division again this season. I think Ipswich will struggle for top 6. Bolton and Bury are as good as down/finished already
Thanks for getting back to me. Appreciate the feedback mate.

Good business from Pompey this summer . Clarke a big miss , Lowe will also be missed of course , but in return a proven goal scorer ,good signings in harness , Harrison , Williams , downing . Not sure yet if this is an improvement results wise , but it’s now a team full of pace so hopefully no more Jacket ball

bollocks !
Met a few on holiday and they were spot on ,
Everyone has idiots !
That’s true. I spoke to some fans in the pub before the 1st leg of the playoff semi.
They were embarrassed about the idiots who threw the flare & other objects.
Ended up having a good chat with them & they wished us all the best for the future good forward.

Portsmouth, horrible fans, horrible club.
Load of bollocks mate, we arrived in Portsmouth last night on the ferry and had a good laugh with loads of Pompy fans. It's just the idiots seem to stand out more. They even admitted to having a small section of morons, just like us.
Bet non of their fans have shat in their stadium, threatend to firebomb their owner and kids, stripped half naked in the fountain in Trafalgar square and had a piss in it.

Coventry lost Willis (their captain) to us & also didn’t renew their RBs loan (Sterling) who has gone to Wigan on loan instead I believe.

They may have a problem in defence this season potentially...

Last edited:
Coventry lost Willis (their captain) to us & also didn’t renew their RBs loan (Sterling) who has gone to Wigan on loan instead I believe.

They may have a problem in defence this season potentially...
They have brought in McFazdean as Willis’ replacement and he’s a decent player. Their new right back sounds like a definite downgrade though.

It’s more going forward they’re short having lost Bright and Chaplin. Just lost out on Walker to Lincoln too. It looks like they’ll be selling Bayliss before the window’s done too. They’ve brought in a couple of impressive looking wingers from abroad mind.

Load of bollocks mate, we arrived in Portsmouth last night on the ferry and had a good laugh with loads of Pompy fans. It's just the idiots seem to stand out more. They even admitted to having a small section of morons, just like us.
Bet non of their fans have shat in their stadium, threatend to firebomb their owner and kids, stripped half naked in the fountain in Trafalgar square and had a piss in it.
I live in Newcastle and I got the metro into the home game last season and bumped into a couple of fans and had a decent laugh tbf.

Talking to Pompey fans on here.

They same to think they might win the league :eek:
Damn straight!

Lowe burned his bridges a bit yesterday by saying the decision makers at the club didn't act with integrity. Our CEO answered back saying that if you're under contract you should honour it, otherwise you're the one without integrity.

After that, the protracted time it took for him to leave and making it clear he didn't want to be here, and signing Harness and Marquis the general mood among Pompey fans is good riddance, we'll be better without you.

They don't have cubicles for people to have a poo in?! How much of an update does fratton park need?

They have brought in McFazdean as Willis’ replacement and he’s a decent player. Their new right back sounds like a definite downgrade though.

It’s more going forward they’re short having lost Bright and Chaplin. Just lost out on Walker to Lincoln too. It looks like they’ll be selling Bayliss before the window’s done too. They’ve brought in a couple of impressive looking wingers from abroad mind.
McFadzen is a good CB but certainly not quick. Could struggle if strikers get in behind them.

Gooch gets far to much stick his form in the first half of the season was fantastic. All people remember though is his poor second half of the season.

He was good early season, but frustrating at times as he often makes the wrong choices but that's the norm at this level from players many fans would recommend us signing, like Lowe himself. think he got stick even when he was playing well and chipping in with goals and crosses. he also seemed to have a brief return to form at the back end of the season and was direct and running at opponents again, but the manager obviously favoured Morgan.

Not trying to be difficult, but what suggests their wingers from abroad look impressive? Both got 3 goals last season, 1 in French Ligue 2 and 1 in the dutch league.

Back