Jamal Lowe.

According to local news, Lowe finally set to go to Wigan for £2.5 million, being replaced by Marquis from Doncaster for over a million.

Pompey and Marquis deserve each other.
Played here 6 years ago. We taught him everything he knows!
How do you feel about that?
Lowe'd head had gone, so best sell him. Gutted to see him go, bit replacing him with Harness on the wing and Marquis up front should make us stronger.
Hardly being replaced. Two totally different players. One's a wingers, one's a centre forward.
True. Marqui looks to be replacing his goals, more than a like for like replacement. May be we go 442, or put our other new striker Harrison in Lowe's place. Either way, it looks like the two deals are linked and Marquis is the squad replacement for Lowe.
Who is matcus harness
Winger from Burton. It was his cross thay was deflected for an own goal against Sunderland last year.

According to local news, Lowe finally set to go to Wigan for £2.5 million, being replaced by Marquis from Doncaster for over a million.

I'd have imagined Lowe would have been a good partner for Marquis too in that they'd both compliment each other's play.

I'd be gutted to lose Lowe like, looked by far your best attacking player. Marquis will probably do a job though. Never heard of Harness so couldn't rate him - I'd be surprised if he's as good as Lowe like.

It's almost impossible to turn down a £2.5m deal at this level like so there's nout Portsmouth could have done differently but reinvest it into a proven Scorer and Winger at this level.

Gutted to see Lowe leave really but it’s been coming infact I was expecting him to be leaving even as the last season came to a close. But I just can’t help feeling a bit disappointed that he’s doing to Wigan... it’s nothing personal against Wigan. And I know they are in the league above. But I just think they are a top end league 1 side really... my money is on Pompey and Wigan swapping places come the end of the season

But overall... fair play to Lowe. Excellent player. And deserves his shot

Is Lowe not more of a winger though? Surely Harness is Lowe's replacement. Marquis is good signing, I can see him doing well for you.

Last edited:

Back