Jamaica

What's better with young kids, cruise around the carribean or a fortnight in a resort hotel on one of the islands?

Done the cruise but didn't take the kids.
We liked Aruba so much were going back for a fourth time, (with the kids)

I liked the cruise but was a bit samey

:lol:

It's a long way to go for a beach complex holiday.

Leaving the confines of the hotel was fckuin horrific when we went.

Not-meant-as-racist-disclaimer: if you're black you might get away with it. If white you're a hell of a target.
It's not safe I heard. I hated Barbados though most won't agree with my thoughts

We are booked here for the summer. Decided to pull out today. Fuck that.

Shame like

You shouldn’t have bothered. It’s been massively blown out of proportion. Such a shame given how reliant they are on tourism.

It’s like anywhere, stay out of the shitty part of Mo Bay where the gangs are killing each other and you’ll have no bother at all.

You shouldn’t have bothered. It’s been massively blown out of proportion. Such a shame given how reliant they are on tourism.
To much money to take the risk. What if it gets worse and we pay the full amount. Got a kid and she comes first. Looks pretty bad on the news.

To much money to take the risk. What if it gets worse and we pay the full amount. Got a kid and she comes first. Looks pretty bad on the news.

Obviously wouldn’t ever tell you what to do, it’s your call and I wouldn’t judge you at all.

really the problem is the risk of tourists straying into gang terrority. Which is always the case, and in most places in the world. The caution now is because the gangs are blowing shit out of each other.

Having said this, my view is based on what I’m being told by family who live there part of the year and some of whom are Jamaican.

Back