Jamaica

A joke used in 'The Colditz Story' which was made in 1955 a film set during WW2 so the joke is likely even older but well done for originality!

Anyway it's was Richard Wattis:

My wife's gone to the West Indies
Oh, Jamaica?
No, she went of her own accord

Also:

What's that chap got on his head?
That's a Greek urn
What's a Greek urn?
About 2 and 6 a week!

I bet you are the top of everyones invite list for social occasions

Pacific coast is nicer, longer flight but worth it.
Yeah, I've heard that's the case from a few people that have been to both. Is it as family orientated as Cancun? So you can get out and about to water parks, family restaurants and the likes?

Yeah, I've heard that's the case from a few people that have been to both. Is it as family orientated as Cancun? So you can get out and about to water parks, family restaurants and the likes?

There wasn't a water park near where we stayed (Punta Mita) but we went out and about to the local towns and had a great time. Beaches were amazing, walking along the beach in Bucerias one afternoon and loads of turtles started hatching, wasn't so pleasant when the birds started eating them but that is 'the circle of life'.

playa del Carmen and south of is all very family orientated and you have xcarat and its associated parks all on your doorstep

Went to Ocho Rios in 2010. Loved it. Climbed Dunns River Falls, Seam With Dolphins, went to Bob Marley's childhood home. Went out into the town no bother. The people & street traders do pester you, but not enough to keep you in or spoil it.

Stopped in the Sunset Jamaica Grande, which I think's had a full refurb since. Would love to go back one day.

The drive to 8 mile was class. Just sitting looking outside the window at the countryside.

Did that & it was horrific. From the moment we started, to the moment we finished, we were hassled for money from the lads "working" there in some way or another. Trying to sell us dvds of our experience, trying to sell us Dunns Falls plates/towels/souvenirs. They would get offended when we said no & I just got more stubborn. I wasn't buying some tat from a place I had never heard of before the holiday. It was non stop. We gave up half way through & went back to the car.

Did that & it was horrific. From the moment we started, to the moment we finished, we were hassled for money from the lads "working" there in some way or another. Trying to sell us dvds of our experience, trying to sell us Dunns Falls plates/towels/souvenirs. They would get offended when we said no & I just got more stubborn. I wasn't buying some tat from a place I had never heard of before the holiday. It was non stop. We gave up half way through & went back to the car.

Never been hassled once in Aruba, no people trying to sell timeshare, taking you into restaurants anything like that.

Just a totally chilled out island

Really? Exactly the opposite for us. Went, got to the top, walked back down & jumped on the little boat that dropped us off. No hassle apart from having to push fatties up a waterfall.

Mexico is a far better option.

Nicer people... Cheaper and the resorts are of a better standard.

Enjoyed Jamaica but no inkling at all to go back
You sure about it being cheaper? Everytime we've looked mexico seems to have sky rocketed in price mate.

Really? Exactly the opposite for us. Went, got to the top, walked back down & jumped on the little boat that dropped us off. No hassle apart from having to push fatties up a waterfall.

Maybe it was because of the time of year, or something. We were at the end of September/start of October.

You sure about it being cheaper? Everytime we've looked mexico seems to have sky rocketed in price mate.

I think demand this year has gone up loads as its one place deemed pretty safe

when I was looking after Christmas the prices for the summer were definatley better than those in the most of the Carribean. on a par with Dominican Republic and Cuba but far superior accommodation

I think demand this year has gone up loads as its one place deemed pretty safe

when I was looking after Christmas the prices for the summer were definatley better than those in the most of the Carribean. on a par with Dominican Republic and Cuba but far superior accommodation
Now we have been to both of those over the last 2 years and always found mexico a lot more expensive, granted it was only through TUI and Thomas cook. Jamaica seems one of the cheaper out of the lot.

We stayed nuevo vallarta and nice enough, safe to walk around no problem. Lots more touristy stuff cancun side tho so that would be my tip for first visit at least

Take a look at Grand Cayman. It's fanfuckingtastic.

I have marra, I have been red carded on Jamaica due to her mates backing up her claims that it's dangerous and you can't leave the compound....I think it depends where you are like but it's a no go this time.

We stayed nuevo vallarta and nice enough, safe to walk around no problem. Lots more touristy stuff cancun side tho so that would be my tip for first visit at least

Watch out for the Policia there!

Back