Jamaica

whereabouts? Is it worth that longer haul vs Europe? going early april.
We were in Falmouth, about 20/30 minutes out side of Montego Bay. Would be worth looking at Ocho Rios too, if you like to get out and about it is more Central.
What do you like to get out of a holiday? That's going to be the best way to decide if it's right for you

Anyone been? Some good deals at Montego Bay - or am I better looking at a different set of islands in the area?
Went years ago and a bloke who was some kind of Robin Hood was being arrested and all the locals were stopping police getting him as he was their hero.

We were in Falmouth, about 20/30 minutes out side of Montego Bay. Would be worth looking at Ocho Rios too, if you like to get out and about it is more Central.
What do you like to get out of a holiday? That's going to be the best way to decide if it's right for you

I used to dig doing nowt but seem to want to explore a lot these days. Need town and beach combo if possible. Montego Bay for 10 days for about 3k looks good.

:lol:

It's a long way to go for a beach complex holiday.

Leaving the confines of the hotel was fckuin horrific when we went.

Not-meant-as-racist-disclaimer: if you're black you might get away with it. If white you're a hell of a target.

Just had an argument with her as she says dangerous and I said it's alright you can walk around. .....guess she was right...again.

Stayed there in 2004, cracking weather some lovely sunsets and spectacular lightening storms after dark! Plenty nice trips to do and they wernt too badly priced back then. Quite by chance Reggae Sumfest was on while there so went along to see International night when Lionel Ritchie (aye ah knar:lol:) was headline. Canny night for about a tenner show started about 8 and went on till 4 in the morning:lol:
Most locals ok but some traders got a bit arsy and called you racist even when you politely declined to look at what they were selling. Had a couple of walks down town and had nee bother but heard of one couple who were offered a tour of the area and finished up with a demand for a sizeable fee. I would go again no problem.
If you aint sure where to go why not try a cruise and see a few Islands? We did one out there after Jamaica and really enjoyed it--deffo doing that again!

Just had an argument with her as she says dangerous and I said it's alright you can walk around. .....guess she was right...again.
Am canny soft mind. You might be able to handle it.

Mind I used to work with this little fella who went touring around the island by himself and he survived.

If its a good deal it'll still be worth it. The island is absolutely stunning and absolutely fascinating.

Just do a couple of trips. You'll get bothered still but just by people trying to sell stuff.

Went to Ocho Rios in 2010. Loved it. Climbed Dunns River Falls, Seam With Dolphins, went to Bob Marley's childhood home. Went out into the town no bother. The people & street traders do pester you, but not enough to keep you in or spoil it.

Stopped in the Sunset Jamaica Grande, which I think's had a full refurb since. Would love to go back one day.

If its a good deal it'll still be worth it. The island is absolutely stunning and absolutely fascinating.
The drive to 8 mile was class. Just sitting looking outside the window at the countryside.

We had no problems, went into Kingston and had a walk around downtown. We had no issues at all. The was one moment we turned a corner and there was a group sitting by a car with music blasting, thought it was going to get a bit hairy, in the end we ended up drinking red stripe with them and dancing in the street.
It's no more dangerous than being at home IMO.

Back