Jakehead IPA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure on commercial brewing, but would say it would only take a day or two more to ferment max.
I'd imagine the conditioning time will be increased as well.

The reason for the price is that it's hopped to hell with expensive hops. Worth every penny, its bloody lovely.

Aye but I bet there's not a massive difference to the pub buying a barrel of stella or a barrel of craft beer. Certainly not £88 a keg more.

You'd be surprised, these beers are sold in 30l kegs and are over £100. Stella will be much cheaper per litre.

Last edited:

I'd imagine the conditioning time will be increased as well.

The reason for the price is that it's hopped to hell with expensive hops. Worth every penny, its bloody lovely.

You'd be surprised, these beers are sold in 30l kegs and are over £100. Stella will be much cheaper per litre.
IPA conditioning time ain't very long though.

Tidied. I was proper "You're f**king joking, aren't you?" when I got my change back.

:eek: And I thought they'd had my trousers down! That is mental.
I was similar in the port of call at the weekend. Got a couple of pints in and I think i got less than a quid back from a tenner. I wished I'd gone to Chaplins at that point.

At £13.20, I would've pointed behind him, said "what's that" then ran out the door

I paid 5 quid for a pint of vedett the other week in town. Jakehead is far superior.

When Jakeheads cask as opposed to keg you can get it for 3.60 a pint anyway.

IPA conditioning time ain't very long though.
True enough but higher alcohol would tend to have a slightly longer conditioning time, maybe a week or two. Mind, that's homebrew so I don't know if bigger volumes condition more quickly.

True enough but higher alcohol would tend to have a slightly longer conditioning time, maybe a week or two. Mind, that's homebrew so I don't know if bigger volumes condition more quickly.
Don't know if it's filtered or not, if it is it'll probably be quicker than home brew.

It is nice, not as nice as Jaipur
I don't like Jaipur. Not enough hop aroma and not enough maltiness to balance the bitterness. I'd heard so much about it and how it won awards and everything and when I tried it it was such a let down!

Is there something special about this that commands such a ridiculous price?
Does it come with an RRP from Wylam, or are pubs jut taking the piss?

@I'm Spartacus paid £5 in the Crown Posada last week and @Patch tells me its £5.50 in the Dun Cow.

I know it's £6.3%, but so are other normal priced ales. Must be brewed with mermaid's tears or something.
Price keeps going up
£6.3

I got a 6.5% IPA in the Bacchus not long back and it was £13.20. I kicked up a right stink and told him he really needs to inform people it's that pricey before pulling it.

It was limited edition special or some shite. Tasted no better than other 'cheaper' ones.
Someone's pulling your plonker

I did a little survey last night and the most I paid was 3.40 for a 5.2% in the Harbour View. However, they showed me the pricing plan in the derby and the prices are related to strength. The top bracket covers 6%+
ales and that's a maximum of 3.40.
Now I don't know how small the breweries they source from are, but it does seem that a fiver is taking the piss if you can get similarly strength beer for that price.

It is weak as piss. Must take a fair few pints to get pissed.

I see. Would rather have 4 or 5 pints of something nice than 10 pints of lifting shite personally.
It's not really an option if you're doing one pint a pub crawls though is it. I never stay in the same pub for more than a couple anyway. I get itchy feet.

Last edited:
I did a little survey last night and the most I paid was 3.40 for a 5.2% in the Harbour View. However, they showed me the pricing plan in the derby and the prices are related to strength. The top bracket covers 6%+
ales and that's a maximum of 3.40.
Now I don't know how small the breweries they source from are, but it does seem that a fiver is taking the piss if you can get similarly strength beer for that price.

It's not really an option if you're doing one pint a pub crawls though is it. I never stay in the same pub for more than a couple anyway. I get itchy feet.
Davey Fosters.

I don't like Jaipur. Not enough hop aroma and not enough maltiness to balance the bitterness. I'd heard so much about it and how it won awards and everything and when I tried it it was such a let down!

As I say often, I think most Thornbridge stuff is very mediocre.

AM:pM is very good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back