Jacky White's Market

Dinnit get the angst about the aroma. It's a market, smells of different types of food. Pick the place up and plant it London and people would be raving about it.

:lol::lol:

Spent the past week in and out of markets selling fresh fish, meat and veg spending money on all manner of lovely things to eat and drink.

At no point did it remind me of Jacky f***ing Whites.

Jacky Whites – if it was different and in a different place, you’d gan’

Last edited:
:lol::lol:

Spent the past week in and out of markets selling fresh fish, meat and veg spending money on all manner of lovely things to eat and drink.

At no point did it remind me of Jacky f***ing Whites.

Jacky Whites – if it was different and in a different place, you’d gan’

It's true man. Greg Wallace would be wanking himsel silly about the authentic fresh produce on sale in one of his shit TV programmes.

Don't think I've been in for 30 odd years, used to hate it when me nana took me in, mainly because of the smell.

I went in there a few months ago for summit, can’t even remember what now but it was desolate. Hardly any of the units were open and there was a handful of people milling about. When my man used to drag me round there as a kid it was like a footy crowd, you could hardly move. Sign of the times innit?

It f***ing honks but you can get fish and chips and make up a decent bag of ket what’s not to like?

Fish and chips was only fower quid to take out. An absolute steal. Gonna take all the Pompey lads I'm coming up with in April for a gander and a bite to eat.

You don't know what your missing .... where else could you buy Yellow fish, a sirloin steak, new rug and have your lunch all under one roof ?

And buy a complete fancy dress outfit for less than an Ayrton. The 1980's one looked particularly fetching.

Last edited:
The smell is my favourite bit. The intoxicating aroma of fish and raw meat, I'd boff it all day long.

Whenever I go to a strange town, I get out the car, stick my nose in the air and have a good sniff.

If there’s a fish and chip shop within a mile, I can follow the scent straight to it,
even better than a Jack Russell can track a rabbit.

Back