Jacky Whites Market to Receive £400,000 refurbishment

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date

I was in there after the match today.
No smell.
But no punters either.
The place was empty at 15:30 on a Saturday afternoon FFS!!
Plenty of vacant stalls ready to rent as well.

Nah. It's shite. It could easily be good, but it's shite.

Not Shoreditch, and it's obviously much larger, but the Grainger market in Newcastle is what JW should try to emulate.
Grainger market in the pits, unless its changed since the last time I was in
Nah. It's shite. It could easily be good, but it's shite.

Not Shoreditch, and it's obviously much larger, but the Grainger market in Newcastle is what JW should try to emulate.

The Grainger Market with a number of thriving fresh fish, fruit and veg stalls, Italian deli, dim sum bar, pizza place, other hot and cold food stalls, a great cheese counter, number of independent retailers, shoe shop, flower stalls, second hand books, sweets, pet supplies, CDs etc.; that Grainger Market?

The Grainger Market with a number of thriving fresh fish, fruit and veg stalls, Italian deli, dim sum bar, pizza place, other hot and cold food stalls, a great cheese counter, number of independent retailers, shoe shop, flower stalls, second hand books, sweets, pet supplies, CDs etc.; that Grainger Market?
Sunderland doesn’t have enough affluent people to keep something like a Grainger Market in Sunderland, and those who have money tend to just fuck off to Newcastle anyways.

Like I said it was the pits last time I was in there, must have changed.

It's in top five smells. If this refurb gets rid of that hybrid of raw meat and fish they can get stuffed and they'll lose me from my once a year trip for the cheapest Christmas cards i can find.

I can remember taking a pair of Levi's to the invisible mending place right at the very back in the 80's. I tripped over a kerb when I was pissed and ended up with a hole in the knee. The repair job was a sight to behold. The denim used to patch it wasn't even the same colour and was even more obvious than before. Anyhow, I ended up taking the patch off and just walking around with a rip in the knee and I credit mesel for giving George Michael the inspiration for the ripped jeans look a couple of years later.

Sunderland doesn’t have enough affluent people to keep something like a Grainger Market in Sunderland, and those who have money tend to just fuck off to Newcastle anyways.

You're probably right, though many of the shops / stalls in the Grainger Mkt arent aimed at the affluent. I wasn't having a pop at Jackie Whites btw, apart from the smell.

You have to be prepared to take risks to invest and break that negative cycle at some point.
I wish I could give this post multiple 'likes'.

Sick of playing second fiddle to Newcastle and Sunderland people telling me how much better Newcastle is. My missus said something along those lines when we out last night and I told her people with her attitude were part of the problem.

Divorce may be on the cards.

I

Sick of playing second fiddle to Newcastle and Sunderland people telling me how much better Newcastle is. My missus said something along those lines when we out last night and I told her people with her attitude were part of the problem.

I call them the Sunderland Snobs

you always have and always will, no catching up now mate, just learn to love it

you always have and always will, no catching up now mate, just learn to love it
I will never learn that. I find a lot of people from Newcastle to be smug and full of self-entitlement.

I used to get the same arrogance and condescension from people in Durham when I first went to work there.

They got told to f@@k off anarl!

Back