Jacks after match comments

I'm amazed that Ross can't understand that if you're in a big job, the pressure is constant and it never really goes away because a top manager is the one who puts pressure on himself and his team.

This fella is trying to get himself out of a jam by dampening expectations, continually saying that we are coming up against good sides.....we're now in real danger of sides playing with no fear against us as they know we won't press, we don't bully sides and we can't play with any real intensity.
would love to hear a journo ask this follow-up question:
"So would you rather have a job with less pressure and one where the fans don't mind you dropping points?"

Same as last season's first 8 games, 4 wins 3 draws and one defeat. And I would argue the football is worse.
Nothing changed, we're heading for a 5th place finish after another shite season.
Conceded more and scored less?
Fair enough.

Nothing wrong with anything he said there. Onwards and upwards.
Only cowards want to defend a 1 0 lead for a full half.

Last edited:
Yeh, i've heard enough now. Burnley result was a fluke?

New man installed in November October hopefully. Nothing against Jr, it's just not good enough. 18 draws last season. Two finals lost.

"if you arent winning games EVERY single week you'll get criticised"

we are in big trouble

Notch the belt on all the draws and hope we're not careening into must-win games in the playoffs...

That's best case scenario under Ross, mind. It could easily go south to middle of the pack in the 3rd tier with some bad strokes of luck.

He's out of his depth managing us, first class ticket to st mirren for Ross 🎤

He'll probably be the first manager to lose to Bolton and say we played them at the wrong time and they are a better side than their league position !!

He's obsessed with clean sheets this coward. What about the other end of the pitch?! We score more than the opposition, we win.

I don't think he's once mentioned the fact that we have the second least shots per game in the league this season.

I don't think he's obsessed with clean sheets at all. SAFC matches are generally open with goals in the game, which is why we generally score and generally don't keep clean sheets. He puts that team out; a team always vulnerable to conceding but have goals in them.

His weakness is a philosophy of rotating the team and continuing to have faith in certain players who have proven over a prolonged period of time they're not going to do it - ever.

He'll probably be the first manager to lose to Bolton and say we played them at the wrong time and they are a better side than their league position !!
They were in a higher league last season so it's understandable even though they lost their manager and players. Well at least it won't be Ameobi that beats us, however Bridcutt. If we lose to Bolton he should have been relieved of his duties before any interviewer can get anywhere near him.

Back