Jackmaster, and the changing face of rock n roll.

Thackeray

Striker
Ok, so out of the blue earlier this week a musician that I'm very fond of posted this on his Facebook page:
I am firm believer in equality and treating people with respect. As such, I want to deeply, unequivocally and publicly apologise for my actions and behaviour at Love Saves The Day festival this year.

I behaved inappropriately and offensively to staff at the event whilst heavily intoxicated. Although I don’t recognise the person recounted to me, I take full responsibility for my actions and the effect on those involved - I am sorry.

As much as this was out of character: substances are an individual's choice, not an excuse. I have already made major changes to my lifestyle, and will continue these ongoing. Over the last few weeks I have done everything in my ability to confront and address the repercussions of my actions head-on, and apologise personally to those that I affected. This post will serve to remind me that my behaviour was unacceptable, and it is a bid to address issues in the wider events and music industries.

I appreciate the professionalism of Love Saves the Day for taking a strong stance for their staff, whilst maintaining openness throughout.

629 Comments
52 Shares
1.2K1.2K
In subsequent posts by him and the victims it turns out that following his set on the night in question he glugged back an unwholesome dose of GHB, and then proceeded to grope and verbally abuse a number of employees of the host venue. He has no memory of any of this and is completely accepting the victims' version of events. He later met with the victims, apologised, and collectively they agreed that the way forward was to post the above public apology (he offered to turn himself in to the police, which the victims declined, saying that they would be unwilling to offer evidence in a criminal case, with everything that involves for them).

The ensuing debate though has been, imho, pretty pathetic. Some of the comments have been reminiscent of threads on here which essentially go "What f***ing scum, chop his knackers off and throw away the key", arguments which of course have no base in the real world.

This is odd though no? In the 70s this sort of behaviour by rock n roll stars was not only tolerated, but encouraged. John Bonham shitting in groupies' shoes was the stuff of legend. Women in the entertainment industry being groped by intoxicated punters goes on every single weekend up and down the country, nothing gets done.

Seems to me that this fella has stepped up to the plate and challenged his own behaviour publicly, to apologise but also to open the debate about this sort of behaviour. Of course what he did is unacceptable, but it seems to me that his subsequent actions have been totally commendable and at considerable personal risk. I don't think I've ever done this (but how would I know?) but I've definitely done stupid shit when intoxicated, I'd like to think that had I been in his shoes I'd have acted with this amount of integrity afterwards. But to listen to some of the online observers he is the worst scum who walked the face of the earth.

Ok so no-one on here has heard of him, is remotely interested in any of this, did not read etc etc, but I've typed it out now, so there you go. Probably only for the musos on here of all stripes
@chunkylover53 @Teed @fyl2u @mini-x2 @mickb2112 @td586 @Arkle @muggboots {shame @CatRyan is banned again} etc.

This is he, by the way...

I've seen plenty of people/families ruined by drugs Marra. My advice has always been the same if it makes you turn into a wanker stop doing it..
Which I believe he is doing.

At least he has publicly said:

I am attempting to address my personal issues head on, speaking to those involved personally, making changes to my lifestyle and working to ensure that others receive support.

Hasn't changed the responses for many observers though.

Which I believe he is doing.

At least he has publicly said:

I am attempting to address my personal issues head on, speaking to those involved personally, making changes to my lifestyle and working to ensure that others receive support.

Hasn't changed the responses for many observers though.
I'm a fan of his.

Mind you, if you overdo GHB you just fall asleep. None of this groping bollocks. So I don't believe his story to be honest. There are also reports of him smacking some 19 year old lass in the face a while back and by all accounts he is a bit of a dickhead in real life, although I'm relying on anecdotes from the internet for that opinion.

Love his music and also agree with your general point that our society is becoming so f***ing sterile we will be afraid to do absolutely anything soon in case someone takes a faux dislike to it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thowt ye'd kick on at some point :lol:

Also don't forget that much of the felching I mentioned which is done across the country every weekend is done by blokes who are pissed.

I won't disagree with that either marra, I've seen far more people making themselves look like animals in drink however all the apologies in the world shouldn't make a different, if you know your a **** stop doing it or expect a kickin or worse.

Back