Jack Ross talk in

Came across as a very open and funny bloke , the thing that confused a lot of people , was Nick Barnes asking questions he couldn’t read his own writing ( ffs put your glasses on ) one of the questions he asked from someone in the room , Jack are you all legs and arms or are you all arms and legs , so jack looks at him and thinks like the rest of us thought , what
Did he confirm when he is handing his resignation in? That’s the question some numpties on here want answering.

Hmmm it’s not really though. Football is a game of opinions particularly with regards to team selection. I

For instance, I could be sitting on the sideline as Ross is about to put Gooch on and shout don’t do that Jack, put Sterling on instead. His idea might be better than mine. It might work. But so might mine. But neither are scientific, one may work, and one may not. But neither are ridiculous suggestions. Those opinions also don’t mean we want to oust him and personally take over.

We’ve all watched plenty football, have opinions on it and disagree with managers decisions based upon results and performances. It’s those opinions and fan interest that puts the coin in his pocket. We could all take them home and make him redundant.

FWIW I’ve never disagreed with a pilot predominantly because all the ones I’ve experienced have delivered the perfect result; landed me safely at my destination. Sunderland managers not so much.

I think that's kind of his point - you aren't, in any way shape or form, a professional football team manager (I'm guessing), but you have an opinion, therefore you think you know just as well. But if your (or any of our) opinions were as good as a professional, we'd all be doing it for a living.

I get what you're saying - but, realistically, you can't actually think you (or me, or any of us) are at an experienced professional level? And that's what he's saying.

I hope he’s here for years, he’s nowhere near the finished article as a manager, but in the unlikely event he gets time and patience I suspect he’d do us proud.
one of the reasons jr chose us over ipswich is stewart promised him the full season in the job come what may, with automatic extension if we goup..

Barnsey is just getting carried away with his own image, he does like to put it out there.
Jack Ross is a very canny bloke, seems very honest etc, BUT I like a lot of others think he MIGHT be a tad out of his depth here, he seems to lack a bit of respect from certain 1st team long stayers.

rotten core iirc

Noticed against Gillingham he seemed to be arrogant towards Max power, should of gave him more than 2 mins. Max looked very aggravated against him.

why should he? wearing the clock down with mins to go, power will have got an appearance fee for that as well. didn't have to put him on at all.

I think that's kind of his point - you aren't, in any way shape or form, a professional football team manager (I'm guessing), but you have an opinion, therefore you think you know just as well. But if your (or any of our) opinions were as good as a professional, we'd all be doing it for a living.

I get what you're saying - but, realistically, you can't actually think you (or me, or any of us) are at an experienced professional level? And that's what he's saying.

But then still using the pilot analogy. if you need to be a pro footballer to then become a football manager or be considered for it or seemingly have a worthwhile opinion, then to become a pilot must mean you've got to be able to fly or make planes or something along those lines?

The reality is people offering opinions on football is just that, people offering an opinion generally on both good and bad decisions by managers. Sure there's a difference in terms of accountability, experience levels and pressure, but there's plenty of blatantly obvious shit decisions by managers that we've all seen over the years.

Last edited:
why should he? wearing the clock down with mins to go, power will have got an appearance fee for that as well. didn't have to put him on at all.

But then still using the pilot analogy. if you need to be a pro footballer to then become a football manager or be considered for it or seemingly have a worthwhile opinion, then to become a pilot must mean you've got to be able to fly or make planes or something along those lines?

The reality is people offering opinions on football is just that, people offering an opinion generally on both good and bad decisions by managers. Sure there's a difference in terms of accountability, experience levels and pressure, but there's plenty of blatantly obvious shit decisions by managers that we've all seen over the years.

Well, it amounts to training and experience. Yes, there are managers who haven't played the game - and even then, they'll still be trained in the game, and a professional - but the vast majority have played it.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion on the game, and there will be some very well informed opinions on it, too, but your average punter doesn't know the game to a professional level. I've been watching for years, and have a decent grip on it (I think), but you'd expect someone who's been in it, and earning a living from it to have the edge on me.

This board is a great example - people on here who have watched the game for years and years, and you wouldn't trust them to run a 5-a-side team...

Barnsey is just getting carried away with his own image, he does like to put it out there.
Jack Ross is a very canny bloke, seems very honest etc, BUT I like a lot of others think he MIGHT be a tad out of his depth here, he seems to lack a bit of respect from certain 1st team long stayers.
This is weapons grade horse shit. He's well liked and respected

Back