Jack Ross talk in

Came across as a very open and funny bloke , the thing that confused a lot of people , was Nick Barnes asking questions he couldn’t read his own writing ( ffs put your glasses on ) one of the questions he asked from someone in the room , Jack are you all legs and arms or are you all arms and legs , so jack looks at him and thinks like the rest of us thought , what
"Very open and funny" just like our defence atm, well some might fìnd the defenders funny

Barnsey is just getting carried away with his own image, he does like to put it out there.
Jack Ross is a very canny bloke, seems very honest etc, BUT I like a lot of others think he MIGHT be a tad out of his depth here, he seems to lack a bit of respect from certain 1st team long stayers.

The only ‘1st team long stayer’ we have left at the club is Catts. Look at the squad vs Gillingham and virtually every player involved was signed this season (McLaughlan, O’Nien, James, Flanagan, Dunne, Leadbitter, Grigg, Maguire)

That leaves McGeady (last season so hardly in line for a testimonial) and two young lads in Honeyman and Gooch.

Ross has given one of them the captaincy and the other has played more first team football this season than in his career to date.

The only ‘1st team long stayer’ we have left at the club is Catts. Look at the squad vs Gillingham and virtually every player involved was signed this season (McLaughlan, O’Nien, James, Flanagan, Dunne, Leadbitter, Grigg, Maguire)

That leaves McGeady (last season so hardly in line for a testimonial) and two young lads in Honeyman and Gooch.

Ross has given one of them the captaincy and the other has played more first team football this season than in his career to date.

Madbob knars.

TBF to Jack the questions were the regular press conference type ones where he’s always going to give a stock answer.
We were there at 615 pm and we never saw the question cards going round.
Had a quick chat with Grant and he’s genuinely happy to be back. He could have gone to some top championship clubs but always wanted to come back here to finish his career.
He said he would be happy to get us back into the Premier League and walk off into the sunset. seems a very down to earth lad.

He put it as:

Whenever things aren't going so well on the pitch people always think they can do a better job than the manager but when he is on an aeroplane and it hits a bit of turbulence he's never once thought he could do a better job than the pilot at that point.
Very well put

Barnsey is just getting carried away with his own image, he does like to put it out there.
Jack Ross is a very canny bloke, seems very honest etc, BUT I like a lot of others think he MIGHT be a tad out of his depth here, he seems to lack a bit of respect from certain 1st team long stayers.
Like who? Cattermole and McGeady have been good this season and that's the only two I can think of :confused:

TBF to Jack the questions were the regular press conference type ones where he’s always going to give a stock answer.
We were there at 615 pm and we never saw the question cards going round.
Had a quick chat with Grant and he’s genuinely happy to be back. He could have gone to some top championship clubs but always wanted to come back here to finish his career.
He said he would be happy to get us back into the Premier League and walk off into the sunset. seems a very down to earth lad.

I'd take that like!

Class response to the matchday bedwetters :lol:

Hmmm it’s not really though. Football is a game of opinions particularly with regards to team selection. I

For instance, I could be sitting on the sideline as Ross is about to put Gooch on and shout don’t do that Jack, put Sterling on instead. His idea might be better than mine. It might work. But so might mine. But neither are scientific, one may work, and one may not. But neither are ridiculous suggestions. Those opinions also don’t mean we want to oust him and personally take over.

We’ve all watched plenty football, have opinions on it and disagree with managers decisions based upon results and performances. It’s those opinions and fan interest that puts the coin in his pocket. We could all take them home and make him redundant.

FWIW I’ve never disagreed with a pilot predominantly because all the ones I’ve experienced have delivered the perfect result; landed me safely at my destination. Sunderland managers not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back