BBC Jack Ross: Sunderland manager on his outlook to management

And there is the trouble.
Everyone should fear the sack because the sack means you've failed.
Whether you think you are right, you've not lived up to your peers expectations., you haven't done the job you were hired to do. Fear is(or used to be)a pretty good motivator.

Why are they clowns? they have done a decent enough job for me.

They have done no different from anyone who would have took the club iver apart from investing very little of their own money to maximise profit in the future, do you not do your homework in regards to the club you support?

I think you’re wrong there. If he’s not where Donald thinks he should be pretty soon he’ll go the journey

Fingers crossed then if it's the case...

Everyone makes mistakes in their job. Me more than most...thankfully Im not a surgeon or airline pilot.

However, its how you learn form them. Ross doesnt appear to learn and thats the worry.

Still want him to be a success here longterm but he has a big few weeks ahead of him.

He's not bigging himself up, he's saying it's incedible how no manager has started two seasons in a row for us since Bruce, ie how shit we are. and he's right to point it out

We were a Premier league club until two seasons ago. I would say the reason we are now in League 1 is down to the respective managers and their underperformance. He's got nothing to big up.

And there is the trouble.
Everyone should fear the sack because the sack means you've failed.
Whether you think you are right, you've not lived up to your peers expectations., you haven't done the job you were hired to do. Fear is(or used to be)a pretty good motivator.
I am currently reading the ‘Chimp Paradox’ by Steve Peters.

In the chapter about confidence he suggests that when you do something to the BEST of your ability it offers the opportunity to be more confident than when you base it on your belief in your ACTUAL ability to succeed at a task.

Last edited:
I am currently reading the ‘Chimp Paradox’ by Steve Peters.

In the chapter about confidence he suggests that when you do something to the BEST of your ability it offers the opportunity to be more confident than when you base it on your belief in your ACTUAL ability to succeed at a task.
Well i wish he'd stop monkeying around and rely on his practical side.

He's got to go. St Mirren were genuinely gutted we poached him and understandably pissed off.
Perhaps this is divine intervention or perhaps Jack Ross has tried to do too much too fast in his career.

After he'd been managing teams for three years he said he saw himself managing Scotland.

He set up Saints to get promotion much like Keano did, buying players he knew were only good enough to get them out the Scottish Championship.

When he should have been replacing those players, he was touting himself to Barnsley, Ipswich and us. He left Saints without telling their Chairman who told the papers he was there to stay when he'd already agreed to go here

The bloke is shockingly ambitious but sadly has found his level here. Sunderland was a bridge too far. We need an experienced manager who knows what the fuck he's doing

Back