BBC Jack Ross: Sunderland manager on his outlook to management

Because he has probably read this board. Lots of people on here have short memories. No doubt the next man to be given the job will be welcomed as our next saviour then hounded out after 12 months.

What if the next man delivers on his promises? And mentions high pressing attacking football? Would he be "Hounded" out then? To be honest I am seriously fucked off by the salmon trouser wearing smoothie having the f***ing neck to have a go at our support and the manager alluding to the crowd being an "issue" they can both fuck off if they cant handle it. One can fuck off back to Oxford and the other one back to some minor jock club
the squad where we don't have strikers who score. 1 left back, about 20 cms, 15 centre backs who all seemed confused by a football. please dont makeout that we have this amazing squad

Have you forgotten he approved these signings?

Last edited:
What if the next man delivers on his promises? And mentions high pressing attacking football? Would he be "Hounded" out then? To be honest I am seriously fucked off by the salmon trouser wearing smoothie having the f***ing neck to have a go at our support and the manager alluding to the crowd being an "issue" they can both fuck off if they cant handle it. One can fuck off back to Oxford and the other one back to some minor jock club

But it's only one game

And there’s the rub. Has he reached the full extent of his ability?
He says in the clip he can look himself in the mirror knowing he’d done as much as he could. I’ve no doubt he puts in the hard work and is diligent. What concerns me is he made no mention of his thoughts on taking us forward. That is more relevant to me than what he’s already done.

It's all well and good being as diligent as you can, but if you don't possess the insight to know how to pick a team, set up a formation or, importantly, when to make substitutions, all the diligence in the world will count for nothing.

Sorry Jack.

Mind, I was staggered to be told that he didn't know Honeyman was being sold. Unless I've "misheard" the story.

Finished 5th with best squad in the league and highest budget. We probably should of finished lower if it weren’t for the keeper, who kept us in some games. Best of his ability?? What a joke.

I haven't but its a bit of a self defeating argument? the manager should have this squad top 2 easy but the manager approved the signings leading to this imbalanced squad.

we need to make up our minds. either he's been shit in the transfer market and our squad has wank balance and poor player cohesion that is ultimately to blame for turgid performances or our squad is easy top 2 due to individual quality and depth, meaning we don't actually need all the signings people are crying out for and he's just poor at managing?

to be honest we have a manager who cant take us forward by his own admissions and owners who want to sell us...…...there will be an inevitable parting of ways as its a total conflict of interests. Sooner rather than later for me

He is dead man walking. He desperately needed a big win to beat poor oxford team at start of season but game was a dud. The masses have turned. He needs big wins and quickly.

His outlook to management?
Shouldn't it be his outlook ON management?

anyway who cares. I'm sure his outlook will be of the sunny disposition :lol:

Back