BBC Jack Ross: Sunderland manager on his outlook to management

I couldn’t get the OPs link to work , but personally we don’t need journalists asking stupid questions about the managers employment prospects after one game , we have enough raving fannies doing that on here.

I'd like nothing more than for this system to take off tomorrow and be responsible for us walking the league with > 100 pts and Jack being declared a hero.

What's my confidence level on that ? About 5-10%.

2 Wembley outings
2 defeats
No promotion from a shite league
Get the job done this season or fuck off
Failure is not an option

I couldn’t get the OPs link to work , but personally we don’t need journalists asking stupid questions about the managers employment prospects after one game , we have enough raving fannies doing that on here.

When did we appoint this new manager, then? That passed me by.

"Historically I'm the first manager since Steve Bruce to start two consecutive seasons which is quite incredible..."

Aim high Jackie lad

Is Ross taking the piss?
By comparing himself to Br*ce, the worst manager we ever had and a man with hatred of SAFC in his heart, Ross is mocking us.

You bastard Motherf*cker, Ross - how dare you :(

Jack Ross must have made more signings than Newcastle and Middlesbrough combined on granted a lesser budget and in a North East 11 I wouldn't expect many SAFC to make the 11 but I would expect a few to make a Third division 11. However 60 odd games later we would settle for one of Jack's legendary 1 each draws tomorrow and apart from Maglauchlin and Macgeady in a 3 division 11, that's about it. Well done Jack up to now while the rest of us despair.

Tbh I’d like him to back himself. ‘A club such as us should win this league and that is the expectation. If we don’t deliver that we’ve failed’.

None of these weird myth, reality vs perception, perspective, pressure of playing in front of home crowds shite that he is muttering. What does he even mean with some of it? Is he trying to say we shouldn’t expect to get promoted?

Win the f***ing league jack. Stop making excuses

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't we supposed to be dominating games in this league? Not the full 90 but when it matters. We haven't done that very well for 6 months. Apart from the 1st half vs Pompeo in the cup. The rest is history.

Tbh I’d like him to back himself. ‘A club such as us should win this league and that is the expectation. If we don’t deliver that we’ve failed’.

None of these weird myth, reality vs perception, perspective, pressure of playing in front of home crowds shite that he is muttering. What does he even mean with some of it?

Win the f***ing league jack. Stop making excuses

Thinks he can work the "under-promise / over-deliver" hero angle.

FFS, of course winning league 2 is the only goal.

Sorry Jack, time to put yer big boy pants on.

i think hes looking for a way out.. he knows hes out of his depth..
Like all our managers I want him to succeed , but barring big Sam who " thrived "on the club and the pressure , most can't handle it for one reason or another.Be it their roots , capabilities, expectations , or funding...all come pumped up to turn us around but soon fall into despair!can it really be that hard to manage this great club?big Sam had the bollocks for it ...most dont

Back