Jack Ross Record

The Barnsley fans on here may correct me but I’m sure over half their starting line up had played for them in the championship

Our first game in league one last season was at home to Oxford United, we won 4-0, in the 18 man squad for that game Kenny Dougall was the only player not to have played for us the season before in the championship. I’m sure we only signed 4 first team players last season.

Last season was a failure, I’d have peddled him. I find his football dour and boring and it doesn’t get the desired results.

However it looks like he’s here to stay for now so I hope he makes this season a success.

Barnsley had more upheaval than us and their manager took them up with much less resource.
Ross has failed miseearly so far no matter how it’s neen dressed up.
They really didn't though. Can't be arsed to traipse through my previous posts, but I was sick of hearing it so looked in to it. They signed more players, but they only had something like 2 new signings making in to their average starting 11.

They really didn't though. Can't be arsed to traipse through my previous posts, but I was sick of hearing it so looked in to it. They signed more players, but they only had something like 2 new signings making in to their average starting 11.
They still brought in more players and lost more.
No excuse for Ross failing last season.

Disagree on that marra. We were an absolute car crash of a club. 2 successive relegations, massively in debt , uncertainty around the takeover, tossers like Ndong and Papy on strike, 36 players in and out, we were an absolute shambles.

I said that my gut feeling was it would take us 2 years to get out of this league and I'm expecting JR to deliver this season.
Yeah I agree with this. The fans that want Ross sacked will justify this by suggesting that things last summer weren't that bad and will also identify other teams that were apparently in a worse state than we were. If we stormed the league last season then those same fans would be going on about how amazing Jack Ross is because of the shit that we were in and how he dragged us up off the floor etc etc. It's an absolute fact that we were in freefall and a complete shambles. And I am not actually interested in how bad other clubs were doing at that time. If the whole stadium stick together I am confident he is gonna get us up this season.

The 'sack Ross' movement is laughable, as to disagree that this club was a 'rapidly sinking ship's. Christ, people have short memories. When we came down to league 1 this club was a basket case emotionally, financially and everything else. It felt even worse than the mid 80's to me because we actually looked like we could go under.
We really have to stop this endless round of sacking managers after one full season, its madness. He's done ok in the face of huge odds really, and deserves at least another season with full backing. Tin hat on, and this won't suit the hate brigade I know, but I'm sure the vast majority of real fans want him to have a chance to succeed here.
100% agree with this.

It perfectly demonstrated my point. Feel free to create a fairer and more accurate poll and produce some results which disprove me

No. It demonstrated the point as far as you were concerned. The poll proved (although its only us saddos on here) that more wanted JR in than out. Nothing to disprove.

Honestly mate,you need to concede when you are wrong.

No. It demonstrated the point as far as you were concerned. The poll proved (although its only us saddos on here) that more wanted JR in than out. Nothing to disprove.

Honestly mate,you need to concede when you are wrong.

It statistically proved nothing at all. Believe what you want, but the fact is that it proved nothing apart from that 45% of people didn’t want him sacking that very day. That doesn’t imply that 45% of people want him to stay long term at all.

It statistically proved nothing at all. Believe what you want, but the fact is that it proved nothing apart from that 45% of people didn’t want him sacking that very day. That doesn’t imply that 45% of people want him to stay long term at all.

Believe what you want to believe. We are on different sides of the fence here. Like the way you twist words. The Poll was run over a week or so, not one day. Your point was the majority wanted him out?

I'll let it rest now

Believe what you want to believe. We are on different sides of the fence here. Like the way you twist words. The Poll was run over a week or so, not one day. Your point was the majority wanted him out?

I'll let it rest now

The majority didn’t want him in. 45% isn’t a majority last I checked.

As he goes into his 50th League game this week Ross has only lost five of them., he also took the team to a Wembley final in the process. It's also generally agreed that he took over a rapidly sinking ship that was described by some as a 'basket case' of a club.

As the Manager Sack race starts in earnest (note Huddersfield on Friday) I suspect a lot of Chairman and owners would look at that record with interest. Surely it's time to be grateful for what we"ve got?

Not perfect, but some people need to be careful what they wish for

Lee Clark only lost something like 3 in 55 at Huddersfield. He couldn't get them promoted either as he drew far too many games as well.
They got rid and ended up in the top flight a few years later

Last edited:
Biggest issue is since Maja left we haven't even looked like half the team we were before it.

Baffling how one player made him change his entire plan.

Back