Jack Ross Presser

We’re a decent league one squad, that’s it.

I’m not sticking up for Ross he’s made some pretty obvious tactical mistakes, Including the first two games of this season. I also don’t think our recruitment has been good enough also, be that down to strategy, poor performance by recruitment team or because targets wouldn’t come.

I expect the games up until the takeover is announced to define if we keep Ross. We need two wins from today and Tuesday, if we don’t get them I think Ross should be given his marching orders.
We have more at our disposal than any other club in this league. He wanted will grigg, he filled the midfield with slow age of players. He neglected pace and strength for slow and negative. He should have gone after the play off final and if SD could afford it I’m sure he would have. If we don’t win today he’s got to go.

We have more at our disposal than any other club in this league. He wanted will grigg, he filled the midfield with slow age of players. He neglected pace and strength for slow and negative. He should have gone after the play off final and if SD could afford it I’m sure he would have. If we don’t win today he’s got to go.
I had this argument on another thread regarding our recruitment, he did mention he wanted pace etc, but we didn’t get these players in...was that down to strategy from the owners, failure by the recruitment team including Ross, or failure to attract our targets.

It’s his fault trying to fit square pegs into round holes though, we do have a good enough squad to compete by playing to their strengths. Now that he’s given up with 3 at the back we do look better.

Will Grigg was a strange one, we had our pants taken down on his fee, and I think that’s weighing heavy on him and our expectations of him. But again Ross needs to take some blame, playing ball through middle via Power worked well at Wigan, yet he insists on getting it out wide and playing balls into him...he’s never anywhere near!

Utter shite. Last season we had enough and he fucked up. This season is his team and we are shite.

Like your sauce then.... to much vinegar - quite bitter
I expected this season to start with Ross learning from his mistakes, he persisted with wing backs when it’s clear we don’t have the players for that system, we’ve switched to 4 at the back which looks a lot better apart from where the players let us down at Peterborough...like I’ve mentioned he needs results from next two games to get us back up otherwise he’s likely to get chop with new ownership. We can’t afford to play catch up this season with our games being postponed due to internationals or stupid cup runs. We need to be on the front foot and building a lead on these teams.

Give over in the must do this and that this week or next. So long as we stay in touch the scope for change will always be there. But running a football club on the basis of the next two games is daft. Sounds like a club I once knew ... Shorts Sunderland.

Last edited:

Back