Jack Ross article in The Times.

He's shown he either can't recognise his own mistakes, is tactically inept and can't fix them, or is arrogant enough to stick with a failing formula.

He's been a massive let down.

I don't think that's right.

We'd have gone up had Maja stayed. He couldn't have done anything about that.

Then the money was spent on Grigg, and given his record in this division no one would have thought it would have been such a waste, and then we were left with two centre forwards who between them scored what 13 in 70? and we didn't have any more money to put it right. I'd be impressed if you could show me any football team that succeeded with practically nothing up front. Can you name one, ever, in any country?

It was a credit to the rest of the team, largely Jack Ross's signings, that we kept in the hunt scoring goals from all over the pitch, but, as I say: can you name me a team who did well with such shitehawkery from the lads up front?

I reckon unless no money is available we are going to have to get very lucky to get out this division. Somebody is gonna have to find a diamond to play up front for next to nothing: easier said than done.

I don't think that's right.

We'd have gone up had Maja stayed. He couldn't have done anything about that.

Then the money was spent on Grigg, and given his record in this division no one would have thought it would have been such a waste, and then we were left with two centre forwards who between them scored what 13 in 70? and we didn't have any more money to put it right. I'd be impressed if you could show me any football team that succeeded with practically nothing up front. Can you name one, ever, in any country?

It was a credit to the rest of the team, largely Jack Ross's signings, that we kept in the hunt scoring goals from all over the pitch, but, as I say: can you name me a team who did well with such shitehawkery from the lads up front?

I reckon unless no money is available we are going to have to get very lucky to get out this division. Somebody is gonna have to find a diamond to play up front for next to nothing: easier said than done.

Another failure was his misuse of Grigg. Every other side in the league would have crawled over broken glass to have him as their striker.

The recruitment was terrible, no doubt. But Ross has shown himself up to be one dimensional and unable to fix problems.

Another failure was his misuse of Grigg. Every other side in the league would have crawled over broken glass to have him as their striker.

The recruitment was terrible, no doubt. But Ross has shown himself up to be one dimensional and unable to fix problems.

Misuse? I was at the Grimsby match the other night and a fourth division team dealt with him comfortably.

I would agree that a lot of teams would have been in for him, transfer funds permitting, but that was before he has been so ineffective for us. Really poor. Big transfer fee at this level and probably big wages but just hasn't repaid that faith.

I can guarantee you that when the next manager comes in, Grigg's performances won't improve. Our only hope is that McNulty comes good and stays fit.

This, I was drinking the Ross cool aid big time right up to the last kick of the playoffs. I thought he’d go on to big things after doing well here, but he really did blow it and seemed to have learnt nowt from last season, wish him well and he might learn from his spell here and go on to big things but it wasn’t going to work here no matter how long he was given imho.
Same

I'm so surprised with Jack Ross that he still doesn't think he's done anything wrong, things like stating he will hold his head up high with his record and only 1 defeat at the stadium of light. This unfortunately for him is his undoing, if you can't notice, analyze and accept your mistakes you will never learn and improve. I can't see him doing well anywhere until he understands why things went so wrong here, which isn't just the fans having "expectations".

I'm so surprised with Jack Ross that he still doesn't think he's done anything wrong, things like stating he will hold his head up high with his record and only 1 defeat at the stadium of light. This unfortunately for him is his undoing, if you can't notice, analyze and accept your mistakes you will never learn and improve. I can't see him doing well anywhere until he understands why things went so wrong here, which isn't just the fans having "expectations".
I would love to ask him about this and point out to him where I and most others thought he had gone wrong. Like you say, it's as if he doesn't realise, unless he's just bigging himself up for future jobs.

Perhaps somebody can bring it up at the talk-in he's doing ?

Back