Jack Ross article in The Times.

The more I read about Ross the more I think he sounds like exactly what we need. Unfortunately it just didn’t quite work for him here.
This, I was drinking the Ross cool aid big time right up to the last kick of the playoffs. I thought he’d go on to big things after doing well here, but he really did blow it and seemed to have learnt nowt from last season, wish him well and he might learn from his spell here and go on to big things but it wasn’t going to work here no matter how long he was given imho.

The more I read about Ross the more I think he sounds like exactly what we need. Unfortunately it just didn’t quite work for him here.
Time may well bare us out that Jack Ross was the solution, not the problem. St Mirren fired Alex Ferguson did they not? Football history is littered with these stories of missed talent.

Doesn’t walk the walk unfortunately. Spent the full pre season working on a tactic only to abandon it after 135 minutes because of how bad we were.

I agree he has been a let down, I think massive is stretching it a bit.

We were promised promotion with attacking football, a side that wouldn't care too much about conceding the odd goal (fair play we don't mind a bit of that :lol: ) as we'd outscore sides. We got neither. Not even a change in the way we play after last seasons failure.

We were promised promotion with attacking football, a side that wouldn't care too much about conceding the odd goal (fair play we don't mind a bit of that :lol: ) as we'd outscore sides. We got neither. Not even a change in the way we play after last seasons failure.
We were close to promotion and only two teams scored more goals last season but broadly I agree.

Doesn’t walk the walk unfortunately. Spent the full pre season working on a tactic only to abandon it after 135 minutes because of how bad we were.

And dropped his two 'finds', one in and Ozturk 😆

“Poyet also happened to be manager when an agent, Roberto de Fanti, was appointed Sunderland’s director of football.”

Well, that’s bollocks for a start. It was PDC who was manager when Di Fanti came in and then it was Congerton who fucked about with Poyet.

Back