Jack Colback - the wilderness years continues...

He must surely be embarrassed to hang around Newcastle's training area.
If he was the embarrassed type he wouldn’t have gone to you lot in the first place.
You gave him the contract he’s your player, you pay him. I remember a lot of your fans giving it the big un about how you stole him from us. You were warned but just laughed.
Own it.
Had his head turned then like many others before him finds that the grass is not greener on the other side after all
And sometimes it smells of poo 💩

I can honestly say I wouldn’t. (I know it’s easy to say when it’s hypothetical)

If I was good enough for them to pay me £45k per week, I’d be good enough for someone else to pay me £30k per week. That’s still a hell of a lot of money.
Whose going to pay colbacl 30k a week?

I know we haven't turned out well either but the bloke ruined his career by leaving us and its hilarious, just a shame he's getting a tidy 45k to ruin it, will leave zero legacy however and will be forgotten almost immediately when he retires.
His career would’ve been ruined if he’d stayed anarl mind.
Whose going to pay colbacl 30k a week?
West Ham we’re gonna pay him more than the mags iirc.

Last edited:
Colback’s agent is everything that is wrong with football although he has made him a very rich man. Colback was seemingly happy to sign a contract with us for 6/8k a week, but we put it on hold until we knew what league we were in. 2 weeks later he got a £2 million signing on fee, and a basic wage of £55k per week at the mags. His agent (allegedly) got him an extra million for the signing on fee as West Ham we’re going to offer him more but the deal was signed!
The agents got nowt to do with what’s wrong with football there. What’s wrong with football in this instance is there’s no one at either club in a position of power who knows what a footballer actually looks like. Obviously Colback wanted to go down to WHU because if it went tits up he could always go back to the NE for good money.
Now he’s got to move away for the rest of his career. Even the smoggies wouldn’t have him......and Hartlepool and Darlo are non league. Carlisle anyone?

Back