Jack Colback - the wilderness years continues...

I bear him now no ill will to be honest.
He was a starting Prem player for us for at least two seasons whilst they payed him less than one sixth of what players like Brown were on.
They then let his contract run down and were surprised when he took a contract that was twice the wages and twice the length of what we were offering him as reward for his loyalty.
Would walk into our team now.

The finest crippling of all time!
That will be Catts’ legacy for me, wonderful bit of retribution. Colback was genuinely traumatised that day.
And then they made him walk off..... right in front of the south stand and the SE corner. 😂😂😂😂😂

I can honestly say I wouldn’t. (I know it’s easy to say when it’s hypothetical)

If I was good enough for them to pay me £45k per week, I’d be good enough for someone else to pay me £30k per week. That’s still a hell of a lot of money.

So you would forego 60 grand a month because you support Sunderland?

Madness.

I know we haven't turned out well either but the bloke ruined his career by leaving us and its hilarious, just a shame he's getting a tidy 45k to ruin it, will leave zero legacy however and will be forgotten almost immediately when he retires.

At the time of him leaving us, i wasn't too bothered and could understand him being lured by so much extra dough, and he would be playing for his team.
I would'nt want him back though, even if he'd accept such a drop in money, because half the crowd would be on his back from the start. I wish some of the many shit jobs had paid £45k a week.

Not in Steve Bruce's 25 man squad.

A possible candidate for a loan to a League 1 or League 2 club.

Has played left back in the past...

At £50K/week.
He should worry!

I'm sure he could do a decent job at Championship level or less.
I doubt he's in a hurry to find out.

And who could blame him?

Back