Jack Clarke - Signed

We do like a committed player certainly but this is nonsense. Cummins, Walker, Beagrie, Waddle, Smith, Johnston, Sessegnon, Malbranque, Zenden and Johnson were all immensely popular. Not devoid of critics by any means but most supporters loved them.

Only one years contract I think, even we aren’t daft enough to agree to buy someone that’s out of contract.
Mvilla? ;)

Take it how you want, we ain’t buying him for £3.5m anyway
“… we ain’t buying him for £3.5m anyway”

It is really good for an expert in the financial arrangements of SAFC to come here and clear this up for us.

Are you particularly close to Louis-Dreyfus and Speakman ? Do you provide L-D with financial advice generally, or just on the football club side of things ?

You must work very closely with the aforementioned people to have such a confident and unequivocal understanding of what the club is prepared to pay for players and the budget that has been made available, following L-D’s recent acquisition of more shares in the club.

I bet that they were really glad to get your advice on the proper and precise price to pay Arsenal for Ballard. Were you directly involved in the negotiations ?

Thanks again !

They've played PL a lot more recently, and he's a Yorkshire lad. But, he's already played here, we are definitely a bigger club than them, and actually there's very little difference in terms of mileage and easy access between York and Sheffield than there is between York and Sunderland/Newcastle/Durham - its very easy if you live near Durham or Newcastle.

I would be disappointed if we went there over coming here.
He could even live Yarm or Wynyard if he wanted. Sadly I think any strong sheff utd interest will push the price to where we tell levy to shove it .

We agreed to sign him, not buy him after his contract expires.
He could even live Yarm or Wynyard if he wanted. Sadly I think any strong sheff utd interest will push the price to where we tell levy to shove it .
Sheffield interest is only relevant if he’s interested in the move and they are prepared to pay more than we are. Both quite possible but by no means guaranteed.

Last edited:
We agreed to sign him, not buy him after his contract expires.

Sheffield interest is only relevant if he’s interested in the move and they are prepared to pay more than we are. Both quite possible but by no means guaranteed.
I have a feeling spurs would be able to exert some pressure for him to take the most spurs favourable option in the end

“… we ain’t buying him for £3.5m anyway”

It is really good for an expert in the financial arrangements of SAFC to come here and clear this up for us.

Are you particularly close to Louis-Dreyfus and Speakman ? Do you provide L-D with financial advice generally, or just on the football club side of things ?

You must work very closely with the aforementioned people to have such a confident and unequivocal understanding of what the club is prepared to pay for players and the budget that has been made available, following L-D’s recent acquisition of more shares in the club.

I bet that they were really glad to get your advice on the proper and precise price to pay Arsenal for Ballard. Were you directly involved in the negotiations ?

Thanks again !
:lol:

Back