Jack Clarke - Signed

£3.5m straight in seems steep for Clarke mind. Only has one year left on his desk at Spurs?

Does anyone else even want him?
Says in that article sheff united also want him
No way would I pay £3.5m for him. Not a chance.

On amortisation principle that would be £14m. They paid £10m so £2.5m would see them get their money back.

And then you have to take into account if he remains the prospect he was at the time.
Tbf the £3.5 million is just guesswork coming from a random twitter account

Think people forget with this lad and Roberts it had been so long since they had a proper run in a team.

It takes time to get that sharpness and 'instinct' back. They are both quality players and given time will show it.

£3.5 million is nothing. Even if we sign him and he has only a half decent season that's money well spent these days.

I honestly thought he was all fart and no shit most of the time he played. However, he was genuinely excellent in the second half of the Sheff Wed home leg and for the full game in the second leg. Don't really know what to make of him tbh.
A winger was excellent when played on the wing rather than wing back in a back 5, fancy that.

Soon as we changed to a back 4 and pushed him up in his natural position he looked far better. He spent most of his games in a back 5. Need some perspective when judging the kid imo

He was regularly putting in some quality crosses from the left under Alex Neil. I hope we sign him. Him on the left & Roberts on the right will be excellent in the championship in my opinion.

he'd come here over them i reckon like
They've played PL a lot more recently, and he's a Yorkshire lad. But, he's already played here, we are definitely a bigger club than them, and actually there's very little difference in terms of mileage and easy access between York and Sheffield than there is between York and Sunderland/Newcastle/Durham - its very easy if you live near Durham or Newcastle.

I would be disappointed if we went there over coming here.

He had about 2 and a half good games.
I would sign him
I must watch a different game to a lot of posters on here, every time I saw him play he looked a danger, and got up the field, not sure about £3.5 million, but its not me paying the money (well, I am, indirectly through my season ticket)
Far more impressed with him than Januzaj

Back