Jack Clarke - Signed

He frustrated me so much at the start, but he really struck a chord with me throughout the play-offs. He was fantastic against Sheff Wed in both games, especially the second leg.

With some good coaching and backing from the fans, he’ll go on to be a brilliant player IMO. Still has bags of potential given how young he is.

really like the lad but shame cant do anything permnanent, you do wonder why players like Clarke think signing these extensions. Good money but big clubs do it more and more now with absolutely no intention of ever playing them. Chelsea do it the most. Just do it to make them more money for the clubs!
Could be on his way back according to Footyinsider who are usually reliable:

Not quite, footy insider know their stuff but they are simply just quoting someone else who doesnt work for them

Clarke is a strange one. Has amazing close control. Then lifts his head up and looks like he’s never played football before. A half decent coach , and some confidence, could make a serious player out the lad though
Exactly the type of player we should be signing inc Robert’s
Roberts is streets ahead . He just needs to play games

No brainer this.

We need to sign a lot of players to be decent imo, so maintaining stability is going to be difficult. Where there are players in the squad who can clearly contribute next season in some form, we should bring them back.

Roberts, Broadhead and Clarke - I'd like to see all at the club next year.
Let’s not get too carried away. Dan Neil and Doyle are prime examples that it ain’t always a bed of roses
Neil was one of our best players for half a season and is totally homegrown.

Doyle was gash for all of it and is a loan.

Not comparable in slightest.

Last edited:
No brainer this.

We need to sign a lot of players to be decent imo, so maintaining stability is going to be difficult. Where there are players in the squad who can clearly contribute next season in some form, we should bring them back.

Roberts, Broadhead and Clarke - I'd like to see all at the club next year.

Neil was one of our best players for half a season and is totally homegrown.

Doyle was gash for all of it and is a loan.

Not comparable in slightest.

That’s a tad unfair. Doyle was pretty good ((exceptional initially) for the first 10 or so games. We (well the manager really) drained all his confidence by not resting him when it was so obvious the young kid needed taking out of the team

I've been banging the drum for this since the final whistle. Absolute no brained, he's a superb prospect and an unbelievable outlet - fast, direct, loads of energy and an excellent dribbler. Just glides past people.
*no brainer* :lol: f***ing autocorrect

Last edited:

Back