Jabs for kids

but, another study said

"HEART inflammation triggered by some covid-19 vaccines has been a concern, especially in younger people, but a preliminary study suggests that in those most affected, it is six times more likely to occur after a coronavirus infection than after vaccination."

Read more: Myocarditis is more common after covid-19 infection than vaccination

Or is it the same study with a different headline.

Last edited:
Surely is dead in the water if studies continue to find this type of result. "Follow the science"

The Science of that very study and the one posted by @SurreyMackem both concluded risk of myocarditis is substantially higher from Covid infection than vaccination.

I'm undecided about childhood Covid vaccines at the moment but your evidence against them is actually evidence for.

Here's the study the Telegraph quote.

but, another study said

"HEART inflammation triggered by some covid-19 vaccines has been a concern, especially in younger people, but a preliminary study suggests that in those most affected, it is six times more likely to occur after a coronavirus infection than after vaccination."

Read more: Myocarditis is more common after covid-19 infection than vaccination

Or is it the same study with a different headline.

Either way, whilst theres so much confusion about the entire thing, one thing is for sure and thats Covid poses minimal threat at most to children. So why would any parent risk it?

Either way, whilst theres so much confusion about the entire thing, one thing is for sure and thats Covid poses minimal threat at most to children. So why would any parent risk it?
Apart from children being more likely to be at risk of myocarditis following a covid infection you mean?

Millions of 12+ year olds have been vaccinated in other countries without significant issues.

"For most of “middle to old age” people, the benefits of COVID vaccines are far greater than potential side effects from vaccines.

On the other hand, in case of 12-15 year olds, the benefits are marginally better than risks and individual circumstances need to be taken into account.

UK’s vaccine advisory body is called JCVI. ( Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation ).

JCVI on Friday declined to recommend universal vaccination of all 12-15 year olds. This is because the chances of children becoming seriously ill from COVID-19 is very small. This needs to be balanced against a tiny risk of myocarditis, or inflammation of the heart in young people due to the vaccines. It is a matter of weighing up disease versus vaccine."

All medical interventions has risk, even paracetamol.

I feel and still feel there's no real benefit in a children vaccine program at this time and the vaccines would be better as boosters and given to 3rd world countries to get the virus under control, the risk of a mutant strain setting us back to square one is bigger than the risk of waiting on the kids to be done, its a world wide problem not a UK one.

Add the fact this is new and we are finding stuff all the time, waiting for healthy kids is the right thing to do, medicine has been given in the past and it took years to see the damage before it was removed, studies and data is being released all the time, we are learning more and more, for example the heart problems I believe kids effected by it are in nine out of ten cases making a full recovery which is fantastic news and its a super rare effect anyway, there's research on going looking at the bleeding in ladies, to explain what's going on there, i have no doubt that will be solved.

We dont need to rush, but we do need to protect our older population from a vaccine that maybe is losing its effectiveness and I feel that's should be our goal with flu season coming up, we can look again at the kids next year, when we know much more.

Also one question, if the vaccine protection last about 9 months, does that mean we need to jab the kids yearly to keep protection up?

Last edited:

If the child has a clinically vulnerable parent/sibling, there's a risk of the child bringing it home and infecting the parent/sibling. It's a hard one to balance.

Can't read the article but from the headline they're comparing the risk of myocarditis from the vaccine to the risk of hospitalisation from covid. The point is that myocarditis from COVID infection is six times more likely than from the vaccine.

Can't read the article but from the headline they're comparing the risk of myocarditis from the vaccine to the risk of hospitalisation from covid. The point is that myocarditis from COVID infection is six times more likely than from the vaccine.
that's right, I think its pretty well known there's a tiny benefit for kids getting jabbed, but it seems not a big enough one to warrant the full vaccine program.

Also not every kid will get covid where as every kid would be jabbed, So every jabbed kid would have the tiny risk compared to the tiny risk of only the kids who catch covid, also myocarditis isn't the only side effect, there's a wide range of side effects.

From what I read the vaccine only lasts around 9 months before it loses a canny bit of protection, does that mean we have to jab the kids yearly?

Wouldn't it be better to use the vaccines as boosters and send more to 3rd world countries, surely that would have the biggest impact in the fight against covid?

Good point.

I suppose the best comparison would be the likelihood of heart complications from the vaccine vs the likelihood of catching covid and then developing heart complications.

If kids are less likely to be infected, and unlikely to suffer any ill effects, you have to question the benefits of vaccinating them, especially if it has minimal impact on transmission.

Good point.

I suppose the best comparison would be the likelihood of heart complications from the vaccine vs the likelihood of catching covid and then developing heart complications.

If kids are less likely to be infected, and unlikely to suffer any ill effects, you have to question the benefits of vaccinating them, especially if it has minimal impact on transmission.
If this were true I might agree (depending on the actual figure) but unfortunately it's not.

Good point.

The take away is they want all the kids vaccinated..... not all the kids will catch Sars Cov 2. So it's not a fair comparison.

Pfizer are going to start to present their data to governments for approval for children 5+ shortly.
They're already working on changing production to make smaller doses for younger kids. Preliminary data must be looking good.

Back