J.R. colback

Daks

Winger
What ever happened to that gem ?

I remember when the mags signed him and I think it was pardew had him taking all set pieces , corners , free kicks 😀

Mags were absolutely chuffed with him and he was absolutely shite

Seems to have retired early !!!

Always thought it was an odd signing. He is/was a neat and tidy midfielder but nothing more than that. Always felt that they signed him in an attempt to be "one up" on us - as if to say, "we took your best player" rather than signing him to improve their team

Haha reading the first few pages made me laugh

😀

Always thought it was an odd signing. He is/was a neat and tidy midfielder but nothing more than that. Always felt that they signed him in an attempt to be "one up" on us - as if to say, "we took your best player" rather than signing him to improve their team

This! I think at his best he was certainly premier league standard, but probably for a relegation threatened side at best. Never going to improve them , and they had him on set-pieces when they first signed him as well.

Truly embarrassing if it was all just to ‘one-up’ us.

What ever happened to that gem ?

I remember when the mags signed him and I think it was pardew had him taking all set pieces , corners , free kicks 😀

Mags were absolutely chuffed with him and he was absolutely shite

Seems to have retired early !!!

He’s never ever on our minds, just yours .

It was all arranged from him to sign for Newcastle by Peter Beardsley 12 months before. Colback knew he was going to them throughout the 13/14 the season.

£50k a week, no squad number - he’s just going to sit there taking the cash as his next deal will be nowhere near that. Must have for some tips off Rodders

£50k a week, no squad number - he’s just going to sit there taking the cash as his next deal will be nowhere near that. Must have for some tips off Rodders
Pleased I read that.

Back