Izal bogroll.

My uncle occasionally had cut up newspaper on a string, straight out of Steptoe. My mate had a technique with izal. He would scrunch it up then flatten it out. This took the hard edge off it as well provide a bit of purchase to allow it to do its supposed job.
Good tip.

When I started work at the child benefit centre in the late 1970s they had this type of toilet roll only every sheet had government property printed on it :eek:

Does anybody still actually use this horrific greaseproof paper bum hygiene product? In my youth it was known as "John Wayne bogroll" because it took no shit off anybody!

Horrible crackly stuff.
Worse when it was just them squares in the cardboard box not on the roll, especially when there was only two sheets left. End up using the box as a scraper.

My mam would only ever buy this horrible stuff but I think the one she bought was jeyes .
To be fair to her, I think the PR was something along the lines of more hygenic (maybe not poking your finger through the regular paper into the shit). Didn't they also have a green cross logo or something which implied hygeine or have I just imagined that?

Back