Ivy House

The Ivy is a decent little boozer, but it's a bit of a soul sucker in the summer months as it's so dark and dingy inside. It also takes the piss with its prices and relies on the bottomless pockets of the beer hipster crowd. I've been in three times in the last month and it's been absolutely dead every time.

Isn't that the deal, pay a few quid more for better drinks in a decent pub as opposed to selling shite for next to nowt and attracting the scratters?

Isn't that the deal, pay a few quid more for better drinks in a decent pub as opposed to selling shite for next to nowt and attracting the scratters?
I'm sure there's a happy medium to be found between selling carling and smiths at sub two quid a pint, and selling pints so expensive that you have to forewarn the punters how much it's going to set them back before you begin to pull it. The obscure craft stuff i can understand to a point, but they charge more for your moretti's etc than restaurants do.

I'm sure there's a happy medium to be found between selling carling and smiths at sub two quid a pint, and selling pints so expensive that you have to forewarn the punters how much it's going to set them back before you begin to pull it. The obscure craft stuff i can understand to a point, but they charge more for your moretti's etc than restaurants do.

moretti (or peroni) was £5 a pint in fitsies last sunday

The Ivy is a decent little boozer, but it's a bit of a soul sucker in the summer months as it's so dark and dingy inside. It also takes the piss with its prices and relies on the bottomless pockets of the beer hipster crowd. I've been in three times in the last month and it's been absolutely dead every time.

f***ing hell lad i'd hate to hear you describe a boozer you didn't think is canny

It's dead. They reckon they had a top....Monday, two weeks ago.

Used to be mental 2005-6.

It is a tad on the pricey side, but nothing that's going to bust the average Ashbrookian/Tunstallian.

Russell Brand posts on here.
Says Susan Boyle, above.

Aspergers? You don't half get into tunnel vision that's all. Fixated mania.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I like the ivy me, can take the dog in and the bait is quality

Wouldn't dare gan to the Rosedene or the Barnes like. Them two are absolutely bleak, it baffles me how they stay open, who is parting with their hard earned cash in them types of places?

I've never understood the gripe about prices of pints in the ivy either. If you want to pay peanuts for pissy lager get yourself to Joseph's or somat. Even if pints are a quid more than what is perceived to be an acceptable price, how many pints are you drinking on a night out to make it a concern? You might spend an extra tenner at most over the course of a night compared with sitting in some shit hole drinking bottom dollar pints

I'd rather pay the premium and have a better night. Why not just buy 8 cheap cans from asda and sit in the house? It's like people who drive 3 mile each way to fill up the car at asda or somat to save 1p per litre. Do these people not realise life is finite?

Back